2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Remind what injuries he had. I mean, Raf has had every best player in every position and more in a period of weeks, Pickford is the only one who has been free of injuries. What was Carlo injury list? Holgate and Gomes?
He had Dom, Richarlison, Doucoure, Allan, Digne, Coleman, and James all out for over 7 games each last season.

But I guess they only count if it happens to Benitez.

Yep, all our best players. If you liked Raf, you would be all over this as a genuine reason for dip in form
Loads of his cheerleaders have told us his greatest strength is in adversity. Benítez 1st season at the RS he'd key players miss MOST of the season, but working with what he had he was able to transform Jamie Carragher from a utility player to one of their favourite ever centre backs.
His loss of key players didnt stop him from reaching his first English cup final or winning the champions league in his first season, the dinosaurs dead. He didnt use injury excuses then he cant use them now.

I would like to add, I do not particularly like Raf I just think the fools having a go at him, given the circumstances are just fools.

People also talk as if fixtures are won and lost on paper which is daft.

We picked up 2 points out of 6 against Utd & Spurs and were prevented from picking up the 3 points in both games by VAR decisions yet fans would have predicted 0-1 points out those fixtures before a ball had been kicked (many on here expected Spurs and Kane to tonk us).

We picked up 0 point out of 6 against Watford & Wolves which people would have likely expected 4/6 points.

We'll lose games we expect to win and win/draw games people have already written off before a ball has been kicked.

Finish 8th-12th rinse and repeat until the recruitment and medical departments improve regardless of who the manager is.

Loads of his cheerleaders have told us his greatest strength is in adversity. Benítez 1st season at the RS he'd key players miss MOST of the season, but working with what he had he was able to transform Jamie Carragher from a utility player to one of their favourite ever centre backs.
His loss of key players didnt stop him from reaching his first English cup final or winning the champions league in his first season, the dinosaurs dead. He didnt use injury excuses then he cant use them now.
Have you seen our squad?? I mean seriously. NO manager has been able to get anything out of them when all fit.

Injuries. Ancelotti had injuries when the decline started under him. Yet you keep throwing it in how awful we were in the 2nd half of the season and not accepting that. Its hypocritical

Here is the team that lost 1-0 to Paul Heckingbottom’s relegated Sheffield United.

2D022737-B292-40C5-81DD-1E4BD4D02FCC.png

Utter nonsense.

We were fighting for Europe all last year and now all Benitez' fans want to make out like we have a relegation squad.

He's had 3 good players out with injuries and he doesn't have a clue on how to find the next 3 points.

He's utterly hopeless and getting sacked by Christmas.

I mean, other than beating Liverpool at Anfield and maybe a few other results here and there, let's not pretend that we've been anything other than garbage in 2021.

We had a really strong end to 2020 but between injuries and and a lot of our squad being gash, we dropped like a stone from 2nd in the New Year to 10th at the end of last season.

Our squad is a midtable team, mate.

8th, 8th, 12th, 10th - We're outside European contenders at absolute best atm. Obviously, hoping we can improve but simply can't also ignore things outside the manager's control like injuries to key players and lack of spending in the summer.

I mean, other than beating Liverpool at Anfield and maybe a few other results here and there, let's not pretend that we've been anything other than garbage in 2021.

We had a really strong end to 2020 but between injuries and and a lot of our squad being gash, we dropped like a stone from 2nd in the New Year to 10th at the end of last season.

Our squad is a midtable team, mate.

8th, 8th, 12th, 10th - We're outside European contenders at absolute best atm. Obviously, hoping we can improve but simply can't also ignore things outside the manager's control like injuries to key players and lack of spending in the summer.

I will not allow Ancelotti to have excuses made for him for taking us from 4th to 10th in 6 weeks.

@Efcjake - It's not small-time and unambitious from Evertonians to acknowledge our squad isn't good enough to seriously challenge for Europe and also think there is literally zero point in sacking Benitez.

The truth of the matter is, other than a maybe new manager bounce for a few games, the new manager would be hamstrung by the same issues Benitez faces; very little to spend, no alternative to Coleman at RB, no cover at LB, bang average CMs as alternatives to Allan and Doucoure and no decent backup striker. The transfer budget situation would only be worse following the costly process of sacking Benitez and hiring someone new.

It's easy to get suckered into the Benitez debate - save your anger and frustration for the board that made such a contentious appointment after years of incompetent spending and failure to recruit the right profile of player in the right positions.

I didn't want Benitez, mate. But he's here and honestly until there is a better platform in place for any manager to succeed here, at least we've got someone we know can operate on a limited budget and actually wants to be here.

@Efcjake - It's not small-time and unambitious from Evertonians to acknowledge our squad isn't good enough to seriously challenge for Europe and also think there is literally zero point in sacking Benitez.

The truth of the matter is, other than a maybe new manager bounce for a few games, the new manager would be hamstrung by the same issues Benitez faces; very little to spend, no alternative to Coleman at RB, no cover at LB, bang average CMs as alternatives to Allan and Doucoure and no decent backup striker. The transfer budget situation would only be worse following the costly process of sacking Benitez and hiring someone new.

It's easy to get suckered into the Benitez debate - save your anger and frustration for the board that made such a contentious appointment after years of incompetent spending and failure to recruit the right profile of player in the right positions.

I didn't want Benitez, mate. But he's here and honestly until there is a better platform in place for any manager to succeed here, at least we've got someone we know can operate on a limited budget and actually wants to be here.
Excellent post, I am sure @Efcjake will admit

Couldn’t agree more with this paragraph.

Here is the team that lost 1-0 to Paul Heckingbottom’s relegated Sheffield United.

View attachment 146013
Yeah that was a bad game. We have had them this season (qpr) Against Brighton we had a midfield of Holgate, Davies and siggy.

And his bench was below. He had injuries and lots of changes to the team. They can both have had those things. It's not unique to benitez.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211117-185001.jpg
    Screenshot_20211117-185001.jpg
    215.4 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.