Everton January 2022 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
….you need to watch him more closely, Dave. I went to a Derby at Goodison a few years ago when Barkley was the the next best thing but he hardly got a kick against Henderson who never broke sweat. Indeed, Barkley should’ve been sent off for losing it against him.

Henderson is a players player, they want him in their dressing room. i rate him very highly, he’s not complicated or fancy but he’s very effective.

The thing is, Barkley was never as good as people tried to make out unfortunately.

Where are these Barkley rumours coming from?

Screenshot 2021-11-16 at 16.36.13.png

Not til the 30th of April. The Portakabin, followed by a good sit on the bench.

….you need to watch him more closely, Dave. I went to a Derby at Goodison a few years ago when Barkley was the the next best thing but he hardly got a kick against Henderson who never broke sweat. Indeed, Barkley should’ve been sent off for losing it against him.

Henderson is a players player, they want him in their dressing room. i rate him very highly, he’s not complicated or fancy but he’s very effective.
Exactly: a nothing player who found his very best form for a couple of seasons (2018/19 and 2020/20) which gave him enough credibility to lead a team to trophies.

But as a player he is very very limited.

I keep asking what this feller does and cant get amy answers from those lionising him.

He's bang average.

he plays the captain role superbly

very vocal on the pitch and directs the play

he is a clear leader which is probably why he gets so many england appearances

we mock him when he's moaning at refs but then we moan when coleman doesn't say anything when our players get fouled or a bad decision is made by the ref

if that pen against spurs had been reversed at anfield he would have been spewing spit all over the referee in a vitriolic rage until the decision had been reversed
He points and shouts.

Yes, yes.

Still no explanation on his skill set....

Remember that game and Barkley should have been sent off, Henderson had him in his pocket, but that wasn't always the case. Your right though Eggs, Hendo never broke sweat.. But we know why don't we lol
Klopps special brew, whilst Barkley looked like he'd sprinted through the Sahara Desert, carrying a Camel.

Linked with Callum Chambers. Hope it’s rubbish as he isn’t good enough
Agree but sadly it's the market we are shopping in due to having no money. Tbh Id rather sign nobody in the Jan window and just concentrate on player pre contract agreements for the summer. There are an awful lot of good players across Europe who's contacts end in 2022 and there are deals to be had if we work for them.

Villa is a lazy but obvious link. Bayern or PSG, really dont think so. Nevertheless, our inability to close a deal last Summer means he will now be out of reach for us financially over the next couple of windows.
I think we will be a good option for him if we can agree the deal. Think we will be back in for him in jan as will give rangers and new manager money to spend in the window.

Agree but sadly it's the market we are shopping in due to having no money. Tbh Id rather sign nobody in the Jan window and just concentrate on player pre contract agreements for the summer. There are an awful lot of good players across Europe who's contacts end in 2022 and there are deals to be had if we work for them.
Chambers? He'd at least put the effort in, he also does better when coached well.
Arsenal pretty much ruined him as a good PL player.

He points and shouts.

Yes, yes.

Still no explanation on his skill set....

he gets utterly embarrassed against top opposition. Modric and Kroos in the CL final, any time he’s played for England against anyone decent, most times he’s played against Silva De Bruyne etc. Even a fit Andre Gomes was having him off single handedly under Silva.

He runs a lot, he punts balls over the top, he shouts a fair bit. No one with eyes can call him a top midfielder but he fits their system of hitting long diagonals and chasing after it.

he gets utterly embarrassed against top opposition. Modric and Kroos in the CL final, any time he’s played for England against anyone decent, most times he’s played against Silva De Bruyne etc. Even a fit Andre Gomes was having him off single handedly under Silva.

He runs a lot, he punts balls over the top, he shouts a fair bit. No one with eyes can call him a top midfielder but he fits their system of hitting long diagonals and chasing after it.
I'm being told he's a player of repute here.

lol lol lol

The Kopite media are that omnipotent they reach into our fan base and persuade some that he's an "underestimated player".

Imagine falling for that bollocks.

Status
Not open for further replies.