FFP / profitability and sustainability

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's face it, if they were going to go after a Premier League club the odds are that we would probably be the ones they do it with

I think back to Niasse getting his retrospective ban for simulation but more blatant examples not being punished at all

We fit the right criteria of a club you can make an example of because there isn't going to be much in the way of push back

I'd guess that any penalty wouldn't be too severe as Everton could use Covid as a mitigating factor and they have also shown willingness to tighten their belt this summer.

They could argue that the business plan to sell players has been severely disrupted by other teams having to cut spending over Covid.

Basing this on nothing other than my own gut feeling though.

Deals like this will help - while not doing much to make us more competitive, it will increase the cash flow, the PL doubling its US media rights deal to 2 Billion over 5 years.

Yes I think rolling 3 years. A quick look at Everton's losses, officially released on their webpage.But I don't really know what the FFP criteria is when calculating the losses, so we can only rely on the numbers released by the club.

Loss:
FYE June 2020: 140mil [2019-20 season]
FYE June 2019: 112mil [2018-19 season]
FYE June 2018: 13mil [2017-18 season]

The 2020-21 season numbers are not officially release yet. At least, we won't be carrying the 112mil and 140mil losses baggage into 2022-23 season.

But I did see somewhere that we are -35mil at the moment. If that is case, it's not good news, but encouraging that we could possibly get out of the waters by 2022-23.
Daily Mail figures are wide of the mark according to a few people

I wouldn't really worry - mine and your life goes on even if EFC got a few grand fine and a couple of points deducted.

Good news is FFP changes from next summer so the PL should hopefully be changing profit and sustainability to mirror UEFA's new system which will benefit us slightly more than the current system in place.
What’s the new system?

So, are we the only fan base in the league that are cacking ourselves about these rules that you never hear about? Who is next in line for the cack attack? After Everton, who else should be starting to cack themselves about these rules?
Because we massively overspent gambling on a good league finish for the prize money to balance it out. We failed to get such a league finish and thus are firmly in the red.

Mosh and Brands are massive frauds gambling the way they have.

Deals like this will help - while not doing much to make us more competitive, it will increase the cash flow, the PL doubling its US media rights deal to 2 Billion over 5 years.

Christ I hope it stays with NBC. Still no idea what they are doing with it bc NBCSN is going away but anything is better than ESPN and who the hell knows what Viacom would do with it.

would be kinda emabarrasing if a billionaire accountant fails the profitability and sustainability rules

tabloid dirty newspapers or Big Bad Mosh the Billionaire Accountant

who would i rather a believe? a clickbait journalist or a man who is chartered certified account billionaire and clearly knows what he is doing?

hmm tough choice this

FFP is only a concern if we qualify for Europe so we shouldn't be too worried about it... the PL rules are less strict..

What’s the new system?

UEFA are meant to be changing it from profit and loss over 3 years to it being based on the clubs wage bill mate.

Basically you can spend more in transfer fees providing the wage bill isnt more than 70% of your turnover otherwise it is subject to a luxury tax instead of a sports punishment like suspension from Europe / transfer embargo etc.

UEFA are meant to be changing it from profit and loss over 3 years to it being based on the clubs wage bill mate.

Basically you can spend more in transfer fees providing the wage bill isnt more than 70% of your turnover otherwise it is subject to a luxury tax instead of a sports punishment like suspension from Europe / transfer embargo etc.
Which makes sense as we are clearly trying to alleviate the wage pressure simply by sending players out on loan and running contracts down. By summer, another big chunk off.

Think you'll find our wage bill is currently in excess of this alleged 70% you mention - so in layman's terms... we'll still be up a creek without a paddle.

It would be pretty miserable to get a significant punishment compared to the punishment for the clubs that were trying to break the league.

However. I am realistic and know that things don’t work like that.

We'll probably fail that as well.

its all a scam to keep the elite clubs at the top.
as far as everton is concerned this is being used as an excuse to plough all available funds into BMD!
we had a crack at spending big and failed miserably!

Status
Not open for further replies.