Everton January 2022 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we have seen that if challenged, the rules around FFP aren’t worth the paper they are written on. The governing bodies in football have little to no power over the clubs these days as we saw with the ridiculous fines given to the greedy 6 recently.

My view is that if we spend what we want and make progress and deal with any challenges that might come, that is better than really pulling back to try and get under the FFP/P&S rules if that means putting us in real danger of relegation.

Obviously any additional spending has to be from Moshiri and not leveraged against the club as that will hurt us long term

This is dumb!, given the sanctions are points deduction!

Probably will be ten points but knowing the football league and its love for the club we will get 20 points sanction, plus a transfer ban for 12/24 months

Can you see with the present squad minus Richie or DCL finishing with enough points to stay up with a sanction?

This season for example I believe 36 points will be enough to see you safe so use for next season, with a sanction and no incomings and the loss of Richie or DCL would we win enough games to get to 46 points?

@MikeH72 might seem a little doom and gloom, but recent posts might not be far off the mark

He’s a good player. Won player of the year when Liverpool won the league. It’s like when Everton fans didn’t rate Barry until he was in our team.
I think for a season back there (2 or 3 seasons ago) he had half a decent campaign and gave them some presence in midfiled, but overall he's been a bog standard player.

Status
Not open for further replies.