Everton January 2022 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the plan should have been Brands picking the manager and with him overseeing the transfer strategy. And building something over 5yrs. But with Moshiri picking the mangers and 4/5 people involved in transfers. This what will happen, what we’ve got.

I could be wrong, but if it wasn’t for FFP I think Moshiri wouid still be spending. Benitez has said the owners are ambitious. It will be difficult for us to compete on the money we make, unless we sell Richarlison. DCL amd the likes over the next few seasons. and he wont want mid table/ bottom half finishes going into the new stadium.

Also we will still have to pay big wages to compete at the top, it’s just getting the balance right. A couple of years ago we hand a ridiculously oversized squad. We’ve stared to trim and that will continue. In an ideal world we have 15 very good squad players. Along with 6/7 youngsters. Some from
The academy, some bought to bulk out the squad.
If we were determined to go down the DOF route then we should have gone for an experienced man who knew the role inside and out and had do it at a few clubs, not (imo) Brands who has only ever worked in the Dutch league and i feel has been way outside of his comfort zone in the PL and the job here simply too big for him. He has'nt of course been helped by the ridiculous decision making process that seems to exist at the club coupled with Blue Bills old boys brigade. Modern day clubs need the role (or something likewise) as there is just so much involved in the game today but he has just never felt like the right guy for me, even from day one a dutch colleague I used to work with told me something about him and I have never been convinced by him.

But Benitez may survive one season mid table. He won’t survive 2. And the board will come under pressure to. You could be right about him selling, but if wanted to make Everton better and to hopefully challenge, why would he sell, when things would start to improve from a financial point of view, once the ground is built.
I think he has lost his desire to be involved and I also think he would sell today if he could get his money back. The problem he has is that we are losing tens of millions a year and play in a stadium which is barely fit for purpose these days. Until he deals with both those issues, nobody will buy for anything like the price he needs.

He's not an Everton fan, he's not even a football fan, he's a businessman and he is beginning to realise football club ownership is not for him.

I think he has lost his desire to be involved and I also think he would sell today if he could get his money back. The problem he has is that we are losing tens of millions a year and play in a stadium which is barely fit for purpose these days. Until he deals with both those issues, nobody will buy for anything like the price he needs.

He's not an Everton fan, he's not even a football fan, he's a businessman and he is beginning to realise football club ownership is not for him.
I guess it depends how you see him, by that I mean is he just a front for Usmanov as he very much IS a football fan.

I guess it depends how you see him, by that I mean is he just a front for Usmanov as he very much IS a football fan.
He is, but, if he was really calling the shots here do you think Bill would still be chairman? Or, indeed, that Brands would have been given a new contract. I don't dispute that Usmanov is involved in the new stadium, but, I think that Everton is very much Moshiri's project.

He is, but, if he was really calling the shots here do you think Bill would still be chairman? Or, indeed, that Brands would have been given a new contract. I don't dispute that Usmanov is involved in the new stadium, but, I think that Everton is very much Moshiri's project.
Kenwright still being chairman was (apparently) part of the deal until the stadium is built. I have no idea how true that is but given his previous record and the fact he clearly still has input into transfers I would'nt put it past him to have inserted a load of small print into the sale of the club just so he can find ways of keeping hold of his train set a bit longer. Brands and the extended contract, well I don't know tbh. he is an easy shield for Moshiri and Kenwright to hide behind, If Brands was actually in charge I doubt we would have picked Allardyce, Ancelotti, or Benitez or signed possibly 3/4 of the players we have done over the last 5 years.

Kenwright still being chairman was (apparently) part of the deal until the stadium is built. I have no idea how true that is but given his previous record and the fact he clearly still has input into transfers I would'nt put it past him to have inserted a load of small print into the sale of the club just so he can find ways of keeping hold of his train set a bit longer. Brands and the extended contract, well I don't know tbh. he is an easy shield for Moshiri and Kenwright to hide behind, If Brands was actually in charge I doubt we would have picked Allardyce, Ancelotti, or Benitez or signed possibly 3/4 of the players we have done over the last 5 years.
Exactly, if Usmanov was in control do you imagine he would have agreed to a condition of the club purchase being Kenwright staying on as chairman? As for Brands, he would have been binned and an Usmanov man would have got his job.

As you say, Usmanov is a football fan and has lots of contacts in the game.

They need to lower their wage budget.

So Juventus need to reduce their wage budget and will have to pay out the reminder of his contract, or the time agreed with the player (so mutual consent)....which comes from the wage budget?

Aaron Ramsey would be ideal until the end of the season as our alternatives from Doucoure and Allan are business houses league quality, Ramsey reminds me of Gareth Barry and that didn't turn out too bad

If we were determined to go down the DOF route then we should have gone for an experienced man who knew the role inside and out and had do it at a few clubs, not (imo) Brands who has only ever worked in the Dutch league and i feel has been way outside of his comfort zone in the PL and the job here simply too big for him. He has'nt of course been helped by the ridiculous decision making process that seems to exist at the club coupled with Blue Bills old boys brigade. Modern day clubs need the role (or something likewise) as there is just so much involved in the game today but he has just never felt like the right guy for me, even from day one a dutch colleague I used to work with told me something about him and I have never been convinced by him.

Not sure there are many whom have done the role at a number of clubs.

Flopped. Rumoured that they want to send him on loan in Jan in the hope he shows something.

It would be complete insanity to sign Ramsay.
Its too early in the piece to say Dumfries has flopped, how many opportunities has he been given?

Its exactly the same as saying Leon Bailey is a flop for Villa as he has only made an impact in one game and has flopped?

Think they both need more time adjusting?

Its too early in the piece to say Dumfries has flopped, how many opportunities has he been given?

Its exactly the same as saying Leon Bailey is a flop for Villa as he has only made an impact in one game and has flopped?

He is just showing what he has always been though, a patchy player. Diaby was always the better player out of the two wide players at Leverkusen.

That one game was against us off the bench? There's nothing to be proud about for that for any player.

Status
Not open for further replies.