2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He did wonders for Bournemouth, relegation - paying 50 million plus for two LFC players who had not kicked a ball in the prem ....

I see Marco Silva is doing great in the Championship at Fulham - do we fetch him back ?

So we ignore the four division climb from a team that is basically a south coast Tranmere Rovers?

I have not once said we should get Howe, not once. I just find it ridiculous that people treat him like some kind of awful manager with everything he has achieved so far in his career.

You have kind of backed my point up too to be fair.

So we ignore the four division climb from a team that is basically a south coast Tranmere Rovers?

I have not once said we should get Howe, not once. I just find it ridiculous that people treat him like some kind of awful manager with everything he has achieved so far in his career.

ATM with our injury ridden poor squad RB needs a magic wand, but any Manager is based on results ....

People talk up Potter, but the fact is he hasn't achieved anymore than say a Chris Hughton.

He's the next in a long line of British managers who people talk up as the next great thing. Then they flounder and a have a distinctively mediocre career.

Eddie Howe has a very similar career trajectory to Potter.

Can either of them do it at the very top end of the league? Who knows, but nobody will know unless they get the chance.
Howe got nowhere after 5 years and eventually went down. Telling he’s not had a job since and no big/biggish clubs interested. Newcastle looks like a resort for them

Potter will get a big job

Howe got nowhere after 5 years and eventually went down. Telling he’s not had a job since and no big/biggish clubs interested. Newcastle looks like a resort for them

Potter will get a big job

Until Potter gets Brighton into Europe im dubious of the hype tbh.

Finished 16th last season and has won 1 in his last 6 currently yet is raved about because they play good football which is more down to their players actually being able to play football.

Could he do the same with Tom Davies?

People talk up Potter, but the fact is he hasn't achieved anymore than say a Chris Hughton.

He's the next in a long line of British managers who people talk up as the next great thing. Then they flounder and a have a distinctively mediocre career.
You do see the young mangers who have a good season or two, then disappear. But I think potter is going to the top. Hughton has constantly failed.

Until Potter gets Brighton into Europe im dubious of the hype tbh.

Finished 16th last season and has won 1 in his last 6 currently yet is raved about because they play good football which is more down to their players actually being able to play football.

Could he do the same with Tom Davies?
But they were better than 16th last season on stats. Had a better XP than us. There’s still a lot of iffs and buts. But he’s maybe proving they deserved to be higher last season.

Bit like Bruce at Newcastle, last season they got fortunate. And the stats said they were a bottom 3/4 team. Thing like that will always catch up with you in the end.

But he spent a lot of money, at Bournemouth a lot of it on dross. And still couldn’t get them to defend after 5 years. He left for Burnley in between and failed and went back.

Tranmere spent a decade in the non leagues. Bournemouth didn't. Bournemouth were always a league 1 club, if not for going in to administration.

Howe also spent a good amount of money, most of which was on utter dross, he has a terrible transfer record.

Bournemouth are doing well without him and will be back in the Premier league next season.

Thats just nonsense. He's only managed 2 clubs in the past 3 years in england after his stint in sweden. Hughton was a negative park the bus manager. You couldnt get a more different style than potters. The contrast of brighton under hughton and potter is is worlds apart. Dont see many claiming potter is "the next great thing"
It is possible to just take notice of what he's doing and admire it. Did you see brighton at anfield last week? Went there and didnt give a fck it was liverpool. Matched them and took it to them. How many Everton managers down the years have gone there or grounds like that and bottled it before the kick off.
He's a good coach. I think a big club will have a punt on him soon.
Wont be Everton. We havent got the bollocks to go there. Plus the fanbase of this club would hound him out.

Potter is going to the very top. His teams create chances every week and with better players that style will work every time.

I've changed my opinion on him a lot in the last year.

If we magically won the FA Cup and qualified for the Europa League, there would be fans on here saying they don't count as they're mickey mouse trophies and Rafael was lucky.
Are you even a Evertonian? You never answered me when I asked if you go the match after you designated yourself the true representative of what match going fans are thinking.

I mean, you only signed up when there were tenuous links to Benitez post-Silva. I can't work you out beyond the fact that you think the sun shines out his fat kopite arse.

If Benitez won an FA cup I'd be pleased with him. Shame he won't be here for it.

obviously, the first manager in history with a tough run of games and injuries to deal with.

When have we ever had that many injuries into a new manager's reign?

DCL has been missing for 7 out of the 10 games. Mina and Richarlison both out for 4.5, Coleman 3, Doucoure 2 + the injury he got early during the WHAM game where you could see he was out of sorts.

You can hate Benitez, want him out, but you can't deny we haven't been hit hard by injuries. Also the last few seasons we had more options available to us than now. Yes they were not great but there was more scope to change things than the very limited pool we find ourselves with now.

Status
Not open for further replies.