2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I fancied us to get a point at United however I thought we’d get something at wolves . Looking at the squad and the way we’ve been lining up I find it hard to see too many points on the board in the next 5 games , in fact if we aren’t careful there could be a couple of hidings.

Sunday is crucial , we’ll see if the players are going to respond to what they’re being told , whether they’re getting used to or frankly up to what they’re asked , whether the manager is adaptable and what the reaction of the crowd is . Hopefully it’ll be to a positive result and we can pull together and face the next fixtures a bit more united , a negative result might produce something a bit different unfortunately.
this is pretty disingenuous. Like it's a relatively easy game and we're at full strength. Every Evertonian knows the score at the moment and is contemplating this game with Conte with dread. All our players are either out or injured, and you're talking about this game being 'crucial'. You're only doing that cos you want to spin it that he's spiralling out of control when the reality is nobody can stop the rot til we get our players back and fit.

I fancied us to get a point at United however I thought we’d get something at wolves . Looking at the squad and the way we’ve been lining up I find it hard to see too many points on the board in the next 5 games , in fact if we aren’t careful there could be a couple of hidings.

Sunday is crucial , we’ll see if the players are going to respond to what they’re being told , whether they’re getting used to or frankly up to what they’re asked , whether the manager is adaptable and what the reaction of the crowd is . Hopefully it’ll be to a positive result and we can pull together and face the next fixtures a bit more united , a negative result might produce something a bit different unfortunately.

Which we would have done had Godfrey not handed them ultimately the winning goal.

People can blame the manager but its the sack of useless twunts on the pitch that constantly let us down manager after manager, season after season.

‘Fans understand the context of where we are’ - sadly they don’t. Most just want a quick firing to boost their status vis-à-vis their kopite mates rather than letting Benitez get on with a job that has needed doing at Everton for about 7 years.

He’s once again falling out the medical team and explaining why he’s brought in someone to not only get players back quicker but keep them fit when they’re back. Reading between the lines he’s identified a problem that the other managers beforehand couldn’t be bothered to have a go at fixing.

‘Fans understand the context of where we are’ - sadly they don’t. Most just want a quick firing to boost their status vis-à-vis their kopite mates rather than letting Benitez get on with a job that has needed doing at Everton for about 7 years.

He’s once again falling out the medical team and explaining why he’s brought in someone to not only get players back quicker but keep them fit when they’re back. Reading between the lines he’s identified a problem that the other managers beforehand couldn’t be bothered to have a go at fixing.
There are so many things that need fixing and frankly I’m happy if anyone takes it on , it certainly needs someone to. The nature of the task means it’ll be difficult , especially difficult, for him to rectify but if he manages it then it’ll be some achievement.

You're completely moving the goal posts to suit your argument there mate. You said people don't want benitez because he's a Liverpool legend and he's won things with them. My point is if we appointed klopp tomorrow everyone would be made up with it and hes more of a Liverpool legend then benitez.

I didnt want benitez purely based on the fact that for the last 12 years of his career I've not been overly impressed by him as a manager but he got appointed and I've gotten behind him plus before all of the injuries I enjoyed the football we were playing. So I think he can do well here but we have a mid table squad and that needs to be changed and he needs time to do it.

It doesn't who we get in this fan base is intent on eating its self alive. We had ancelotti in and people wanted him gone. The patients has run out now at the first sign of a bad run we want a new manager and we're never going to go anywhere but backwards with this kind of mentality.
Its not moving the goalposts though.

If we had our pick of top end managers Klopp would be my least preferred option because of his past. If it's a choice of a bunch of mediocre managers and Klopp randomly being in the running then of yes Klopp would make more sense but there would be people who would not be happy with that appointment because rivalries should mean something.

Ancelotti was never really going to that good of a fit for us if we are being honest. Nor is Benitez as they are used to working with teams who are ready to win things already.

I don't know really. I only really follow Everton (and then Newcastle are probably my second team as I live up here and my partners family are newcastle fans so know a bit about them). Doesn't make my points any less valid about benitez being wrong for the job either though because I can't list a load of managers. (Several others have written lots of lists with other managers) I had no idea who moyes was when we hired him. Doesn't have to be someone who has won things, or is well known.

But, I know for sure that benitez wasn't the only option in world football. What would be the chances of an unemployed bloke, living 5 mins away, would be the best and only option available to us? (Eddie howe is available as well apparently :hayee: )

We all knew how divisive it would be, and is proving to be. No point rehashing all the reasons people don't want him (I discussed all my reasons through the summer and he hasn't shown me much to change my views, more consolidated them).
Eddie Howe, I’s that a joke. I didn’t want Nuno. And 90% on the list. Galtier seemed popular and is doing another good job. But it’s the french league, so that would be a gamble. I’d of took potter and I said the same in the sumner, because he seems a good coach and his teams play good football. Some thought he wasn’t ready for the Everton job.

I find this right or not for the job a bit of a strange comment. Since Joe Royle, no manager has been right for us then? And you see it a lot. Klopp is a great manager and would have made us better had he been our manager over the last 3yrs. Undoubtedly, but would we have won things. While Liverpool haven’t the money that city, Utd, Chelsea have , they still can’t attract top class players because of their name. And did klopp buy the players. Or does Edwards get the credit.

Pep has walked into mangers jobs of teams challenging and have fortunes. He still yet to win the champions league and didn’t win it with Bayern.

Jose did a brilliant job at Porto, and inter millan, since then and in between. It’s been all about big clubs with big money. Jose wouldn’t have lasted long at Everton. He already falling out with people at Roma

Even with money, we’re still a tough job. I’m interested to see how, Howe does at Newcastle, while they will have some money, they will have to pay over the top and big wages. And Howe couldn’t get Bournemouth to defend in 5 years. And wasted a lot of money. I’ve seen people say Newcastle will challenge for the title in 5yrs. If they manage to qualify for the champions league in 5yts they will doing very well.

Eddie Howe, I’s that a joke. I didn’t want Nuno. And 90% on the list. Galtier seemed popular and is doing another good job. But it’s the french league, so that would be a gamble. I’d of took potter and I said the same in the sumner, because he seems a good coach and his teams play good football. Some thought he wasn’t ready for the Everton job.

I find this right or not for the job a bit of a strange comment. Since Joe Royle, no manager has been right for us then? And you see it a lot. Klopp is a great manager and would have made us better had he been our manager over the last 3yrs. Undoubtedly, but would we have won things. While Liverpool haven’t the money that city, Utd, Chelsea have , they still can’t attract top class players because of their name. And did klopp buy the players. Or does Edwards get the credit.

Pep has walked into mangers jobs of teams challenging and have fortunes. He still yet to win the champions league and didn’t win it with Bayern.

Jose did a brilliant job at Porto, and inter millan, since then and in between. It’s been all about big clubs with big money. Jose wouldn’t have lasted long at Everton. He already falling out with people at Roma

Even with money, we’re still a tough job. I’m interested to see how, Howe does at Newcastle, while they will have some money, they will have to pay over the top and big wages. And Howe couldn’t get Bournemouth to defend in 5 years. And wasted a lot of money. I’ve seen people say Newcastle will challenge for the title in 5yrs. If they manage to qualify for the champions league in 5yts they will doing very well.
Eddie Howe has a very similar career trajectory to Potter.

Can either of them do it at the very top end of the league? Who knows, but nobody will know unless they get the chance.

Eddie Howe has a very similar career trajectory to Potter.

Can either of them do it at the very top end of the league? Who knows, but nobody will know unless they get the chance.
He did wonders for Bournemouth, relegation - paying 50 million plus for two LFC players who had not kicked a ball in the prem ....

I see Marco Silva is doing great in the Championship at Fulham - do we fetch him back ?

Status
Not open for further replies.