2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if you were at the Watford game mate but the reaction to the game was one of the worst I've seen towards a manager of ours after only a few games in charge and the ground was half empty before the final whistle, the hostility towards Benitez was clear from those fans who were left. Imagine what it will be like if our abysmal run continues in our next lot of games.

I talk to a lot of lads at the game and what I get from the majority of them is that they didn't want him at the club because of the RS connection but will tolerate him to see how he gets on and there is the problem for Benitez, the RS connection, he is being judged from the off.

I've said it plenty of times, I can't stand the man, not because of what he said etc but because he's always been a manager who's a tit with a massive chip on his shoulder. I can't even watch his pre and post match interviews but, I've also said that I want him to do well because if he does well then that means we as a club have done well and that's all what matters to me but I will always think he's a massive tit who I can't stand.

I was at the game and it was mostly aimed at the players. I cant recall many shouts at benitez at all near all of it was aimed at the players. Gordon was clapped by the gwladys Street though.

No of course not. But you asked what he’d done. I’m the last 5yrs.
Loads wouid have moyes back, because we finished 6/7 under him on a reg basis, with limited funds. Yet that was 10/15 years ago.

It’s a lot harder now, to just survive in the prem with no money. So who wouid you want as manager
I don't know really. I only really follow Everton (and then Newcastle are probably my second team as I live up here and my partners family are newcastle fans so know a bit about them). Doesn't make my points any less valid about benitez being wrong for the job either though because I can't list a load of managers. (Several others have written lots of lists with other managers) I had no idea who moyes was when we hired him. Doesn't have to be someone who has won things, or is well known.

But, I know for sure that benitez wasn't the only option in world football. What would be the chances of an unemployed bloke, living 5 mins away, would be the best and only option available to us? (Eddie howe is available as well apparently :hayee: )

We all knew how divisive it would be, and is proving to be. No point rehashing all the reasons people don't want him (I discussed all my reasons through the summer and he hasn't shown me much to change my views, more consolidated them).

I get the feeling there will be some disapointed blues fans if the team avoids relagation... some have taken this Benitez appointment so personal that they would rather the team get relagated than have Benitez prove them wrong or fans on here tell them ‘ I told you so “ same fans are the ones using the word toxic.. when it’s them themselves creating that environment...
Maybe bring in Brendon Rodgers as next manager... oh wait a minute.. he has secured exactly the same number of points this season as Benitez and has had the luxury of a fully fit squad to choose from...

Because games are not won on paper - we saw that last season. We pick up points from teams you dont expect and we drop them against teams we think we should be beating.

To be sat already predicting our relegation 10 games in is hysterical.

The season before we finished 4th under Moyes we finished 17th. If we finish midtable this season and spend money in the summer on players who suit Benitez's system we could improve - if we dont he goes at the end of his 2nd season as someone who wasn't good enough.

But to be crying at this stage when has 2 players of his own in the starting 11 when everyones fit who cost buttons is just daft.

Our fans have become their own worst enemy. You need stability for success yet we wont give anyone chance for stability.
I am not predicting relegation. That's you making up arguments to suit your points again.

I am saying we will be hovering around the relegation zone and languishing in the bottom half. There's zero chance we actually go down.

I'll ask you again because you still didn't answer me. How many points are we getting from these games?

Spurs
Brentford
City
Liverpool
Arsenal
Palace
Chelsea
Leicester

I don't know really. I only really follow Everton (and then Newcastle are probably my second team as I live up here and my partners family are newcastle fans so know a bit about them). Doesn't make my points any less valid about benitez being wrong for the job either though because I can't list a load of managers. (Several others have written lots of lists with other managers) I had no idea who moyes was when we hired him. Doesn't have to be someone who has won things, or is well known.

But, I know for sure that benitez wasn't the only option in world football. What would be the chances of an unemployed bloke, living 5 mins away, would be the best and only option available to us? (Eddie howe is available as well apparently :hayee: )

We all knew how divisive it would be, and is proving to be. No point rehashing all the reasons people don't want him (I discussed all my reasons through the summer and he hasn't shown me much to change my views, more consolidated them).
you can't list a load of managers? You can't list any!
and yet you just know you want the current incumbent out. When the best chap around available is of the standard of Eddie Howe. Madness

I am not predicting relegation. That's you making up arguments to suit your points again.

I am saying we will be hovering around the relegation zone and languishing in the bottom half. There's zero chance we actually go down.

I'll ask you again because you still didn't answer me. How many points are we getting from these games?

Spurs
Brentford
City
Liverpool
Arsenal
Palace
Chelsea
Leicester
how on earth is he supposed to know how many points we're getting??

I fancied us to get a point at United however I thought we’d get something at wolves . Looking at the squad and the way we’ve been lining up I find it hard to see too many points on the board in the next 5 games , in fact if we aren’t careful there could be a couple of hidings.

Sunday is crucial , we’ll see if the players are going to respond to what they’re being told , whether they’re getting used to or frankly up to what they’re asked , whether the manager is adaptable and what the reaction of the crowd is . Hopefully it’ll be to a positive result and we can pull together and face the next fixtures a bit more united , a negative result might produce something a bit different unfortunately.

I get the feeling there will be some disapointed blues fans if the team avoids relagation... some have taken this Benitez appointment so personal that they would rather the team get relagated than have Benitez prove them wrong or fans on here tell them ‘ I told you so “ same fans are the ones using the word toxic.. when it’s them themselves creating that environment...
Maybe bring in Brendon Rodgers as next manager... oh wait a minute.. he has secured exactly the same number of points this season as Benitez and has had the luxury of a fully fit squad to choose from...

….posts like this make my sore eye hurt.

No, they don't get that long anymore.

They get the first season and if it isn't good then they will get the sack. The only reason Koeman and Silva got sacked after 18 months is because it all went tits up in the second season for them. If they had struggled in the first season like they did in the second then I don't doubt they would have gotten the sack then.

And that is why we haven't got a cohesive team on the pitch. Great if you've got top quality in your squad like Chelsea not so great for us. We are hodgepodge of ideas, not particularly great ones either.

We went through a terrible patch with Silva in his first season, we had 15 points from our first 10 games, 18 more in the 17 games after that. It was only the 21 points garnered from the last 11 that made it into a respectable season. It's revisionism of the highest order, we used to accept that there would be some teething troubles when a new person takes the helm but now we are not willing to because of who is in charge. None of the others had to contend with the number and the quality of players out before either. People can want him out, that's your or their choice, but know that quite possibly you are going to end up relegating us as if the next person comes in and struggles where do you go? If you don't give time to build a team we are going to end up like Blackburn/Newcastle etc. etc. that we used to laugh at for being basket cases.

Status
Not open for further replies.