Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 105 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,259 92.3%

• Total voters
Only because Ashley has gone now.

Not sure how good the Glazers are either; they only seem interested in taking money out of Utd

Ashley never jeopardised the financial health of Newcastle, from that point of view he ran the club fine and has actually left the new owners in a position where they’d have to spend about £500m in one window to be in breach of FFP. What Moshiri is doing here is far worse than what Ashley did, he ran them prudently.

Ashley never jeopardised the financial health of Newcastle, from that point of view he ran the club fine and has actually left the new owners in a position where they’d have to spend about £500m in one window to be in breach of FFP. What Moshiri is doing here is far worse than what Ashley did, he ran them prudently.

If you think that's true, it really doesn't paint our supporters in a good light given how vocal Newcastle fans were and how docile we have been. There again, maybe that's the problem; you get the club you deserve.

He hasn't. He's been a huge disappointment. That's not the same. If he'd been a disaster, we'd be in the second tier now with no new stadium on the way.

Well... it's semantics around the word 'disaster' isn't it and how applicable the term is in football terms.

One persons 'disaster' is another persons 'huge disappointment'.

Neither are wrong.

Wouldn’t be surprised if moshiri sold up. He’s made so many mistakes. The club needed modernising from top to bottom. A total waste of 5 years. No real plan and the same old faces hanging round behind the scenes.

Well... it's semantics around the word 'disaster' isn't it and how applicable the term is in football terms.

Neither are wrong.

True. Bill Kenwright was a disaster for me, worse for EFC than the Heysel ban, in my opinion. Moshiri might ultimately prove to be, it's just a bit too early to say.

Wouldn’t be surprised if moshiri sold up. He’s made so many mistakes. The club needed modernising from top to bottom. A total waste of 5 years. No real plan and the same old faces hanging round behind the scenes.
The same old faces hanging around is the problem. How can you modernise and change mentality when the same old losers are hanging around hiring their mates and pushing to keep doing things their way, the way that's failed for years.

Neither are wrong.

We could have been owned by the Americans who bought Swansea and then that would be a disaster. Disappointing is the adjective, we are not where we wanted to be given the investment.

We cannot let that cloud that almost all the decisions you could see a reasoning behind them. We've been screwed multiple times due to outside factors including:
  • Rom wanting to go before Moshiri even took over
  • Giroud not signing to replace the above when that might have been the key signing to take us forward
  • Chelsea not letting us sign Zouma, Gueye leaving for PSG and Silva's assistant coach going, when it looked like we had a decent team and the run of results from the turn of that year would have put us 3rd or something.
  • Carlo deciding to upsticks as soon as Real came calling.
When you have to keep rebuilding from the start it's going to be difficult.

What was our fault was buying in 4 no.10's and Iwobi. But let's face it we could have a squad of world class players and something will come along to mess it all up.

If you think that's true, it really doesn't paint our supporters in a good light given how vocal Newcastle fans were and how docile we have been. There again, maybe that's the problem; you get the club you deserve.

Newcastle fans wanted their club to be run like ours, throwing money around and overspending on players thinking it would bring them success, that’s why they were vocal on Ashley. From a business perspective Ashley’s Newcastle were one of the most financially stable in the league outside of the oil clubs.

We could have been owned by the Americans who bought Swansea and then that would be a disaster. Disappointing is the adjective, we are not where we wanted to be given the investment.

We cannot let that cloud that almost all the decisions you could see a reasoning behind them. We've been screwed multiple times due to outside factors including:
  • Rom wanting to go before Moshiri even took over
  • Giroud not signing to replace the above when that might have been the key signing to take us forward
  • Chelsea not letting us sign Zouma, Gueye leaving for PSG and Silva's assistant coach going, when it looked like we had a decent team and the run of results from the turn of that year would have put us 3rd or something.
  • Carlo deciding to upsticks as soon as Real came calling.
When you have to keep rebuilding from the start it's going to be difficult.

What was our fault was buying in 4 no.10's and Iwobi. But let's face it we could have a squad of world class players and something will come along to mess it all up.

One persons disaster is another persons inconvenience mate.

One fans opinion of Moshiri being a disaster vs another fans opinion of Moshiri being a huge disappointment is 'meh'

All those bullet points there... that's football.

On taking over;

Moshiri commented: "There has never been a more level playing field in the Premier League than now."

Despite that, I'd say - competitively - we've gone backwards.

Look at our defence, I'd say only Pickford is better than what we had prior Moshiri;

Pickford > Howard

Baines > Digne
Jagielka > Keane
Stones > Mina/Godfrey
Coleman in 2015>Coleman in 2021

I was going to do the 11 but got bored - 2014/15 Lukaku, McCarthy, Mirallas, Naismith, Barkley, Pienaar, Osman walk into our team.

It's pretty depressing I'm really lacking any optimism that under Moshiri, who is allowing this board to operate, are we going to become competitive. In 2019 we had the board talking up challenging for titles - I mean... come on.

It's pretty depressing I'm really lacking any optimism that under Moshiri, who is allowing this board to operate, are we going to become competitive. In 2019 we had the board talking up challenging for titles - I mean... come on.
That's the frustrating thing.

He (or maybe his mate) owns over 90% of the club now.

Just clean out all the dross, 5 years late but hey....at least get it done.

The happy clappers will whine about the soul being ripped out, but they'll soon forget that when the club starts to compete both on and off the pitch with actual professional football people in roles suited to them.

In the current setup, NONE of the current board is fit for purpose. I sympathise with Brands as whatever role he's allowed to perform, it's certainly not a DoF role.

That's the frustrating thing.

He (or maybe his mate) owns over 90% of the club now.

Just clean out all the dross, 5 years late but hey....at least get it done.

The happy clappers will whine about the soul being ripped out, but they'll soon forget that when the club starts to compete both on and off the pitch with actual professional football people in roles suited to them.

In the current setup, NONE of the current board is fit for purpose. I sympathise with Brands as whatever role he's allowed to perform, it's certainly not a DoF role.

Could it be that Moshiri has, actually, no intention of doing that considering he hasn’t done it in the last 5 and a half years?