2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So you've turned on the current manager 9 games into his first season despite being top half and having had numerous injuries to key players and no money to spend in the summer.

Do you not realise how ridiculous that is?

Do you not realise why no half decent manager will entertain taking this club on?

Tons of good managers would like to manage here. Elite managers would say no but other than that we are very attractive.

No one is turning on the manager, hardly anyone wanted him in the first place. We are just being proven correct in what we said would happen. He would favour his favourite players, he would play passive back foot football, he would stubbornly implement his own inept set piece methods, and results would go downhill quickly.

Yesterday was a disgrace to the club. It's a sackable offence.

So you've turned on the current manager 9 games into his first season despite being top half and having had numerous injuries to key players and no money to spend in the summer.

Do you not realise how ridiculous that is?

Do you not realise why no half decent manager will entertain taking this club on?

I can't stand Benitez and I've never liked him no matter which club he was at and I wish he wasn't he. I've said plenty of times though that I want Benitez to do well because that means we as a club do well and that's all what matters to me, it doesn't mean I have to like or respect Benitez.

"Do you not realise how ridiculous that is" Oh my...lol:hayee:

Tons of good managers would like to manage here. Elite managers would say no but other than that we are very attractive.

No one is turning on the manager, hardly anyone wanted him in the first place. We are just being proven correct in what we said would happen. He would favour his favourite players, he would play passive back foot football, he would stubbornly implement his own inept set piece methods, and results would go downhill quickly.

Any good manager with an ounce of common sense would run a mile when approached by that Iranian nutjob. We are career suicide for a manager in our current state.

If Benitez isn't responsible for performances and results what is he responsible for?

Do you think he made the right decisions on substitutions yesterday?

Do you think our marking of set pieces was acceptable? Who chose our defensive system?

You were happy to praise Benitez when he got a draw, not even a victory, at Old Trafford with essentially the same players. Why was that performance down to Benitez but yesterday's horror show was out of his control?
Already said Benitez made poor decisions.... You could manage that side yesterday and they should beat Watford in spite of your football inexperience.

The decisive difference was that the soft underbelly of the sides we seen under Ancellotti, Silva, etc was there for all to see.

Was Rafael at fault for them too? Missing the biggest common denominator - the players.

Even when Rafael was getting good results you were on his back so it's hardly surprising to see you taking aim at the manager when the players were awful.

Tell you who is a massive [Poor language removed]. That cork evertonian, I’d laugh if he died. Everything that’s wrong with the fan base

edit: ban me I’m [Poor language removed] sick of Everton and it’s “fans”
With that attitude you're certainly following the wrong Merseyside club. At the end of the day the rest of us are humans and value life.

Along with the DOF position who have spent 1/2 billion on players & just look at the state of the Squad any Manager appointed had to suffer with no more money to spend - 40 points to stay up is our aim after yesterday's performance or put big Dunc in & play the youngsters in places that we lack a no 9 & stop playing a two-man midfield ......
Plus sort out defending - especially set pieces ......

The biggest disappoint for me so far has been that he has not come in and kicked some backsides.

As much as I didn't want him I was hoping that he would expose some of the absolute wasters at the club and bin them off. Instead he has done that for one player who he had a history with anyway and then proceeded to do the same things that every manager before him has done.

Still early days of course.

lol

The two current El Classico managers are ex Everton failures wake up man.

Mismanaged club
Luvvy Chairman
FFP Problems
Limited budget due to BMD/FFP
Awful DOF
Awful Academy
Awful Medical Department
Cowardly squad of mish mash players from several different managers
Geordie fans still living in the 80's demanding trophies/top 6 playing SOS togger.

Get your head out of the clouds and realise the manager is the least of our problems. We are a poison chalice and no one better than Benitez is taking this job on.

lol

The two current El Classico managers are ex Everton failures wake up man.

Mismanaged club
Luvvy Chairman
FFP Problems
Limited budget due to BMD/FFP
Awful DOF
Awful Academy
Awful Medical Department
Cowardly squad of mish mash players from several different managers
Geordie fans still living in the 80's demanding trophies/top 6 playing SOS togger.

Get your head out of the clouds and realise the manager is the least of our problems. We are a poison chalice and no one better than Benitez is taking this job on.

Tons of managers would like a go at being our manager. That's a fact. We are an established mid table PL club. The most established of anyone outside top 6.

Your first point shows why managers might be interested. If people can leave here and walk into the Barca job then why would people not be interested. Your argument is yet again utter nonsense.

Good to see you got Geordies into another post though. It's not tedious at all by this point.

Benitez, what the heck are you thinking?

It was disgraceful taking off Gordon instead of Rondon

Midfield should have been made more secure, 2-1 up with around 15 to play

After West Ham and yesterday, I'm losing faith, very slippery slope ahead I fear

But who else is there, not a manager on the planet could do much with the current squad/injuries

Turning in to the laughing stock of the premier league

Same **** different manager

Time for Moshiri to pack your bags!

Says the man who does nothing but post crap about the manager even when he was in top 4?...... Give your head a wobble
We were in the top 4 with victories over Southampton, Brighton, Burnley and Norwich. For the record, I said that Benitez had a decent start, unlike your characterisation of my posts, but that a true reflection of our position would be after the derby. I stand by that analysis.

The only head wobbling going on is you, @davek and @ForeverBlue92 acting like Benitez has got everything under control.

There's 2 options here the way I see it. Either the club believes he is the right man to fix the wide ranging problems from squad to recruitment to academy and give him time and enduring the tough results during this period or sack him and hire another manager again hoping for a quick fix.

If we are being rational about this, we can all agree it's going to take time to fix the issues at the club. If the club insisted on hiring him despite his history, that means they believe in him and know this is for the long term. I personally think sacking him now just proves that the club does not the the iron will to stick to a long term plan and poorly ran. He'll just saunter back to Newcastle and Everton will continue struggling with the same issues and same players. I know some of you will never accept him and I'm not trying to change your mind. From a bigger picture perspective, any manager will need time. It is what it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.