2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What ? Honestly what are you talking about , I’m trying not to be knee jerk and be reasoned then you read this rubbish . Seriously you can’t truly believe this crap , I mean honestly Come on

Everton lose game 5-2 = manager bad

Thats the cognitive thought process behind the neanderthals heckling the manager.

Maybe look at why we conceeded 4 goals in 15 minutes - last time I checked Benitez wasnt on the pitch getting bummed by JOSH KING

Sanchez
Veltman
Dunk
Burn
March
Gross
Lallana
Moder
Cucurella
Trossard
Maupay

How many of those players get into our team?

Potter has them playing beautiful football.

It certainly looks premeditated.

Martinez wanted us to play on the front foot and dominate posession with players who werent good enough.

Benitez wants players like Digne and Godfrey to play deep on a leash and rely on Keane to head balls away.

It must be the most bewildering manager and defensive system alot of these players will have suffered under.

Benitez:

"Ben, youre lightening quick recovery pace wont be used in a higher line, we'll have you sat back defending crosses and covering for Michael's errors".

"Lucas, youre great attacking play will need to be held back as i need you to stay within this zone of the pitch and block crosses"

"Michael, you stay back and head the ball away, when you have the ball at your feet take it forward and ping passes like Beckenbauer, dont worry if they go to the opposition. Have fun"

"Seamus, you know what to do".

Bloke is a joke of a manager.

Alot of people forget that Ancelotti had stated he would make the team more attacking this season.

Last season we got a taste of it in the first games. We then became very defensively solid and sacrificed alot of forward play.

After having that foundation in defence im confident he would have gradually added some more quality going forwards.

At the moment, we have a far more disjointed team which plays well for 10mins a game.

Theres a huge gulf between Benitez and Ancelotti....theres even a huge gulf between Benitez and Davide Ancelotti.

Should be after Ruben Amorim or another progressive young manager... instead we get this

And when we are getting dry bummed playing a high line with Michael Keane and Davies and Gomes tripping over themselves trying to ping it about like Barca im sure the fans will give the manager time.

Like they did with Koeman, Silva, Ancelotti & now Benitez.

Thats the cognitive thought process behind the neanderthals heckling the manager.

Maybe look at why we conceeded 4 goals in 15 minutes - last time I checked Benitez wasnt on the pitch getting bummed by JOSH KING
If the manager has no influence on the game then what’s the point of having one ? You rightly praised him for the half decent start why does he have no part to play in that yesterday ? Come on don’t be ridiculous

There's too much to catch up on in this thread, but some obvious things that seem mad to me.

1. The obsession with the fans to blame zonal marking. Almost every club does this now or a half and half variant. It's not about zonal or man marking. It's about good and bad defending. Watch the goals that weren't set pieces. It's appalling. This doesn't excuse benitez, it is his job to get players to perform and tweak tactics as he goes to suit the players on the pitch. But zonal marking is not some bogeyman. In fact it is pretty much ubiquitous at the top of the game. And if that's the system, you can't just drop it and go "let's go man to man every time mina is out". It sometimes takes time to adjust to new systems. The lower quality of defender, the longer it will take for that system to become clockwork. The quality of Keane's performance is far more concerning than any discussion about zonal marking. £30m for the equivalent of a Sunday league level performance.

2. What is this nonsense about keeping James as a world class player? He's a effing bum who was once good at football. There are absolutely no world class players playing in Qatar. Stop imagining he would change this. Wonder more why not 1 team in the whole of Europe had any interest in him.

3. Substitutes. Do you really think benitez doesn't want to sub rondon off? He's awful. Of course he does. But he believes in a target man who plays with his back to goal to release pressure off defence in English football. It's part of how he sees the game needs to be played here, he's done it here throughout his career. Rondon has been a [Poor language removed] signing, but if someone said to you before benitez was appointed that the summer signings were to be a 1.7m player and 2 free transfers and there was a hit, an ok player and a poor one, you'd have snatched their hands off at that and instead would be pointing anger at what's happening at board level with either moshiri or brands.

All of these things seem like nothing more than sticks to beat benitez with. There's no need to pick on nonsense like this, sometimes results speak for themselves. Benitez had a solid start, but the wheels are starting to fall off and quickly and the clubs decision to hire him was always in the backdrop that benitez wouldn't have much support in the fan base. It should never be acceptable to concede 5 at home to Watford. Ever. Even if there's been someone sent off. And then to say I don't know what's happened. Why don't you know? if you don't know, well you are in the wrong job.

Any of you still not seeing the problem is that these players are gutless, lazy cowards on easy street then i guess you never will.

On a side note, the manager also takes some of the blame for yesterday.

The fact he signed and plays Rondon is very, very concerning.
He’s fast become the biggest comedy footballer we’ve had, that’s against some other seriously dreadful footballers too.

Any Everton manager who loses 5-2 at home, from a winning position, against a promoted team is bad regardless of the players. It’s not acceptable and the fact that you and others are still trying to defend that is nothing short of disgraceful

Any of you still not seeing the problem is that these players are gutless, lazy cowards on easy street then i guess you never will.

They’ll be absolutely made up Benitez is manager so he can take all the heat for them. They are a ghastly shower make no mistake about that. I genuinely wouldn’t miss a single player in our entire squad if we sold them. I just want to forget all about the Moshiri era.

Liverpool lost all of their cb’s last year and we all revelled in saying they couldn’t use injuries as an excuse

our footy is crap, and we’ve just been thrashed 5-2 by Watford at home. We’ve won one of our last six games.

1/6, and these are the teams we’ve played

Villa, QPR, Norwich, Man Utd, West Ham, Watford

Except injuries are an excuse unless you're trying to take the mickey out of someone.

Ever heard the phrases "score line flattered them".... Or "don't know how they only won one nil could have been 7"

Of course you have.

Confirmation bias overload going on here.

We are getting the side so many fans deserve because the frauds wearing the shirt are escaping the contempt they deserve

Don't you worry - I'm sure we will get a new manager to rage about before long.

Has Coleman issued a rally cry and "it's on us to turn it round" interview yet?
Hi mate,

this happened yesterday, but please dig a bigger hole to bury your head in

5B8E8CAA-30AB-486D-9EE3-6835BCCBD1D4.jpeg

If the manager has no influence on the game then what’s the point of having one ? You rightly praised him for the half decent start why does he have no part to play in that yesterday ? Come on don’t be ridiculous

Of course he has influence but you're basically saying the players are robots and anything that goes wrong is on the manager which is bollox

Pickford hands Origi a RS derby win - was that on T Rex arms or Silva?

Michael Keane getting bullied all game by a CF who's yet to score a goal - is that on chug head or Benitez?

Had Benitez changed formation or took a CF off for a CB or CB off for another forward and it backfired then by all mean level the blame at him - ultimately he took off one wide player for another and the likes of Davies, Keane, Godfrey and Digne fall to pieces at the first sign of pressure.

We've been here time and time again questioning the mentality of the squad but lets sack the new manager who's been here 9 games and was barely backed - go get some 38 year old "progressive" manager from Portugal like Zat wishes - im sure that'll be a quick fix that wouldn't end in disaster once the honeymoon period is over and said cowardly players revert to type.

Thankfully I trust Usmanov to give this fella time and money to rebuild the squad instead of pandering to the neanderthals wishes. Our fanbase are Geordies these days booing a sub when 1-1 said it all embarassing.

Of course he has influence but you're basically saying the players are robots and anything that goes wrong is on the manager which is bollox

Michael Keane getting bullied all game by a CF who's yet to score a goal - is that on chug head or Benitez?

Had Benitez changed formation or took a CF off for a CB or CB off for another forward and it backfired then by all mean level the blame at him - ultimately he took off one wide player for another and the likes of Davies, Keane, Godfrey and Digne fall to pieces at the first sign of pressure.

We've been here time and time again questioning the mentality of the squad but lets sack the new manager who's been here 9 games and was barely backed - go get some 38 year old "progressive" manager from Portugal like Zat wishes - im sure that'll be a quick fix that wouldn't end in disaster once the honeymoon period is over and said cowardly players revert to type.

Thankfully I trust Usmanov to give this fella time and money to rebuild the squad instead of pandering to the neanderthals wishes. Our fanbase are Geordies these days booing a sub when 1-1 said it all embarassing.
Gonna put it out there you don’t go the game

But his tactics helped Josh King bum us. Poor tactics from the tactics genius, unable to see the obvious and think Alex Iwobibwas the correct call

laughable, like those defending the indefensible

Which he didn’t need to do as we were 2-1 up, he needed an extra body to protect the defence and see the game out

Status
Not open for further replies.