2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another who doesn't get it.

It's not the number of goals conceded or the quality of opposition.

It's the manner of the players going about their business.

Do you think the players did their job yesterday? Do you think we were beaten 5-2 because of tactics???

Absolute nonsense. That team should win against Watford in any formation -. The acid test was they stopped competing.

Gutless cowards.
We were winning the game till Benitez decided to bring Iwobi on instead of consolidating by bringing either Holgate or Gbamin on. That’s on the manager and it isn’t the first time an Everton manager has done it, Martinez infamously brought on Niasse at 2-0 up against West Ham instead of another option to hold the lead, we lost that day 3-2

But whose job is it to motivate them and get them doing that? When we win, you are quick to praise benitez for the job he has done, but lose, and you put it all on the players. And you claim I "don't get it" laughable.

Funny enough I was equally full of praise for the players against Man United.

Does that ruin your angle of attack?

Make no mistake Benitez managed the game poorly yesterday - that was not the reason we got beat comprehensively.

We have a poor poor culture within the team. Coleman having a spat with fans, iwobi having a love in with king at the final whistle.

How many managers need to be sacked before the players get the ire of the fans?

Ancellotti as much of a traitor as he is - looked beaten by Thor complete and utter indifference to consistent effort

Stop focusing on a manager who actually cares about losing and look at the players who aren't bothered about losing.

So his first 10 games have now happened. On the plus side Gray and Townsend,seriously cannot think of anything else that has been positive.
On the down side losing to QPR by not taking it seriously,changing the defensive set up to make us easier to score against,poor substitutions,persisting with Rondon,not changing formation when it is obviously needed.
Our club is in a mess of its own making but the manager needs to look at himself first before blaming everybody else.

We were winning the game till Benitez decided to bring Iwobi on instead of consolidating by bringing either Holgate or Gbamin on. That’s on the manager and it isn’t the first time an Everton manager has done it, Martinez infamously brought on Niasse at 2-0 up against West Ham instead of another option to hold the lead, we lost that day 3-2

So you think the defining factor in losing was that iwobi was bought on for gray?

Holgate or gbamin were needed to hold out against Watford????

Seriously.

Mad that day. We were down to 10 men to and when Lukaku missed the penalty I knew we’d lose. That sub and then the subsequent mass panic and collapse of all organisation reminded me of yesterday. I was done with Martinez after that as it was obvious he only knew one way to play.

Funny enough I was equally full of praise for the players against Man United.

Does that ruin your angle of attack?

Make no mistake Benitez managed the game poorly yesterday - that was not the reason we got beat comprehensively.

We have a poor poor culture within the team. Coleman having a spat with fans, iwobi having a love in with king at the final whistle.

How many managers need to be sacked before the players get the ire of the fans?

Ancellotti as much of a traitor as he is - looked beaten by Thor complete and utter indifference to consistent effort

Stop focusing on a manager who actually cares about losing and look at the players who aren't bothered about losing.
I'm not attacking anyone. I'm calling out the hypocrisy. I haven't said players aren't to blame at all, what I'm pointing out is that admonishing benitez of blame in loss but showering him with praise after a win is ridiculous and feeds an agenda, whatever that agenda is.

And actually, it doesn't really ruin my "angle of attack" because you adding a bit of praise in for the players after a decent result, still doesn't explain your complete throwing of them under a bus after a loss while at the same time not putting any of it on the person who manages them and whose job it is to get them to see out a game who is apparently a tactical genius.

A lot of poor players on the pitch yesterday, but arguably the poorest were the striker he insisted we signed and the player he brought on as a sub to try and see out the game when it was clear we need to pack the midfield.

We’ve been watching the core of this team put in embarrassing performances for about 5 years. Always the same rubbish football, mistakes you wouldn’t see at schoolboy level, inability to control the football. Panic-ridden football against supposedly inferior opposition. For years!!!

Pickford, Coleman, Keane, Digne, Davies. Always the same rubbish. We are always giving out about the same players. Throw in Holgate, Gomes and a few others who regularly stink out the place.

Benitez isn’t perfect, but we have to stop blaming the managers and calling for their heads. It just papers over the cracks and doesn’t deal with the problem. The real problems are on the pitch and in the running of the club.

Yes it is, you actually think getting beat 1-0 at home is the same as 5-2

pipe down

Ever heard the phrases "score line flattered them".... Or "don't know how they only won one nil could have been 7"

Of course you have.

Confirmation bias overload going on here.

We are getting the side so many fans deserve because the frauds wearing the shirt are escaping the contempt they deserve

Don't you worry - I'm sure we will get a new manager to rage about before long.

Has Coleman issued a rally cry and "it's on us to turn it round" interview yet?

Was listening to the radio last night and one kopite-esque moronic so-called blue was saying that R.A.F.A. should be SACKED!! We are one point behind 5th place after spending just £2million in the summer and he should be sacked?! God spare us!!

Yes it’s concerning to lose at home when you’ve got the 12th man of the fans. They say that teams that can’t win their home matches are condemned to mediocrity. However, we have been plagued by injuries in a way that no other club has. We’ve been without our main frontman (DCL) for months and even Richarlison was only able to play part of yesterday’s match after months out injured. We miss Doucoure acutely, too. Take Keita, Salah and Firmino out of the RS team and see how well they do.
Liverpool lost all of their cb’s last year and we all revelled in saying they couldn’t use injuries as an excuse

our footy is crap, and we’ve just been thrashed 5-2 by Watford at home. We’ve won one of our last six games.

1/6, and these are the teams we’ve played

Villa, QPR, Norwich, Man Utd, West Ham, Watford

We’ve been watching the core of this team put in embarrassing performances for about 5 years. Always the same rubbish football, mistakes you wouldn’t see at schoolboy level, inability to control the football. Panic-ridden football against supposedly inferior opposition. For years!!!

Pickford, Coleman, Keane, Digne, Davies. Always the same rubbish. We are always giving out about the same players. Throw in Holgate, Gomes and a few others who regularly stink out the place.

Benitez isn’t perfect, but we have to stop blaming the managers and calling for their heads. It just papers over the cracks and doesn’t deal with the problem. The real problems are on the pitch and in the running of the club.
100%

Sadly the fans who's emotional dislike of benitez is gonna save the players from the real crap they deserve.

Status
Not open for further replies.