2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that escalated quickly. It went from this is a pathetic draw to taxi for the FSW in 10 mins. What an absolute horror show, compounded by it was Josh King who buried us. For a defensive manager, our defence is all over the place. His continuing use of Rondon beggars belief , the Weeping Angels move quicker than this lump.
Do us all a favour and beg Newcastle for the job, its win win for everyone, Well except Newcastle as they get an average dinosaur manager
We cant defend without Mina. That is the issue.

It's his opinion. What does it matter if he and you are right about today when I'm right about the season so far?
14 from a favourable 9 games is substandard. In fact its below whats acceptable when you consider he also lost to QPR.

His in game management today was the sort of rubbish I'd have expected from Koeman. I'm convinced he planned the subs in advance because they were illogical and baffling.

14 from a favourable 9 games is substandard. In fact its below whats acceptable when you consider he also lost to QPR.

His in game management today was the sort of rubbish I'd have expected from Koeman. I'm convinced he planned the subs in advance because they were illogical and baffling.
The table never lies.

I'd never defend a 5-2 home defeat against Watford. It's abysmal and cant be explained by players out.

But we're 8th and the manager has done well so far.

There are people who want him out and seizing on moments like this, and that cant be allowed to happen. The situation will be dire.

He gets a season for me. I said that all along, just as I said it for all other managers.

That's being reasonable. And so far he's in credit.

I think hes probably at a point where hes at neutral Dave.

The nature of that defeat today was shambolic. Hes done well in other games, but I am concerned with what we saw. There are games, where you watch and think the guy is done. I remember Anfield away for Martinez, Boro away in the cup for Smith, Spurs at home for Koeman. Today felt a bit like that for Benitez. We just looked in free fall in that last 20.

We did some things well in the game too, but that worries me more.

You look at the fixture list, and it could turn quite quickly if he keeps making inept decisions (and I'm afraid that's the only way I can describe the management of the last 20 minutes).

Mina has to go straight into that back 4 if hes fit as well. No more messing about.

We cant defend without Mina. That is the issue.
But Dave, you said this

AD03E5D2-A7A3-447F-A2B9-0C479E8EBFDD.jpeg

And this

249B0F25-F200-4F24-86BD-47AEEBEC01D7.jpeg

And this

5218EE75-597F-4859-821C-731C3BAF4BD0.jpeg

And finally this

83F1EA60-ADCE-4A5D-9005-632C205FFC58.jpeg

But when you have an agenda :coffee:

It's his opinion. What does it matter if he and you are right about today when I'm right about the season so far?

In fairness here, I'm not interested in it being a competition. We are all blues, we are all frustrated and will have different views.

I'll be very critical of todays game, and it was horrendous, but would also concede that so far, taken as a whole he has done ok, in fact hes done well

What I would also say, is that sacking him isnt going to help an enormous amount. Hes not the perfect manager, but I am really doubtful there are a list of wonderful managers around the corner looking to take it.

He wouldnt have been my choice, but I can also see that there is no way Moshiri is going to countenance a risky young European name coming in (as I would advocate). The alternative for Benitez may be Howe or Mark Hughes. So we have to be realistic in that.

Benitez has to avoid having more days like today though. We need to sort defending set plays out. And then ensure we dont implode when we concede 1 goal. They are 2 attainable things that we can get better on, especially if Mina is back.

The next three games are crucial for him. With Richarlison now back if he persists with condom upfront his time left will be wearing thin.

Following on from this , if his answer is going to be like for like subs, we are In a worse situation than any of us could imagine.

What gets me is the current Real Madrid, Barcelona and Belgium national team managers all failed here.

Ancelotti + Benitez have won 4 champions leagues between them and both apparently have failed

So who's coming in thats better lads?

Whats the realistic plan? Potter with a none existent budget to bring in expensive players to play a passing game? Sam Alladyce to make us defensively solid?

All the togger experts are on here tonight but no one seems to have an answer or solution to our problems.

Sack Benitez then What? Who?

Status
Not open for further replies.