2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
But we've conceded a high number with them this season too. It's the zonal marking that's poor. Agree the injuries have crippled us and the players are also to blame and the board/dof for not assembling a strong enough squad over year's, but the manager too must be criticised when you collapse in this manner. I'm not calling for his head I'm questioning some of his decisions.

Goals conceded from set pieces this season: 6

Goals conceded from set pieces all last season: 7

Benitez made some mistakes today, but surely the worst thing we could do is change the manager once again, especially after just three months.
The worst thing we could do - we've done - appointing a kopite as manager. He needs to go before it gets worse but Moshiri shouldnt pick his replacement.

Still here?

Still desperately trying to defend the indefensible?

You used to be somebody.
You used to be a contender...
I'd never defend a 5-2 home defeat against Watford. It's abysmal and cant be explained by players out.

But we're 8th and the manager has done well so far.

There are people who want him out and seizing on moments like this, and that cant be allowed to happen. The situation will be dire.

He gets a season for me. I said that all along, just as I said it for all other managers.

That's being reasonable. And so far he's in credit.

The fact RB saw us hurtling to this defeat and be ragdolled by a newly promoted Watford at 2-2 and 3-2 and didn't make a switch to stiffen up that midfield and stuck rigidly to the 4231/or 4411 he was playing, along with his substitutions calls into question his lauded tactical acumen.

Carlo also played Andre Gomes out wide against Newcastle and Alex Iwobi at LB.

THATS on the manager

Not replacing one wide player with another wide player

We were getting really overrun in midfield today though mate.

I'll try to put my anger towards Iwobi to one side for a minute, and say there may be situations for him, but today wasnt one. Thats as kind as I can be. I dont know why he didnt bring Gbamin or Holgate on to give us some control.

If Gbamin cant do a 15 minute cameo in a game like that, hes done.

Goals conceded from set pieces this season: 6

Goals conceded from set pieces all last season: 7
This is what I find utter bizarre. Ancelotti served up diabolical football, but I fancied us in most games because of how tight we were. He knew we had nothing going forward, so the best option was to ensure you don’t concede.

Ripping that up shows a very arrogant approach

Well that escalated quickly. It went from this is a pathetic draw to taxi for the FSW in 10 mins. What an absolute horror show, compounded by it was Josh King who buried us. For a defensive manager, our defence is all over the place. His continuing use of Rondon beggars belief , the Weeping Angels move quicker than this lump.
Do us all a favour and beg Newcastle for the job, its win win for everyone, Well except Newcastle as they get an average dinosaur manager

No Investiment this season. A Frontline with Gray, Townsend, Gordon and Salomon Rondon.

This is Championship level. Iwobi on the bench. oh my god...

I´m going bed now...

No Investment this season. A Frontline with Gray, Townsend, Gordon and Salomon Rondon.

This is Championship level. Iwobi on the bench. oh my god...

I´m going bed now...

Status
Not open for further replies.