The Everton Board Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
20211023_222625.jpg

Things went badly wrong on the field the minute the stadium started to progress. I'm not saying the stadium isn't good but we took our eye off what actually matters. Stadiums don't win football matches. In fact teams who move tend to struggle. The stadium is just not going to propel us forwards and I dont know why people keep saying this.

I'd far rather stay at Goodison and enjoy watching us play. The thought of these players representing us at a new ground does the opposite of exciting me.

Things went badly wrong on the field the minute the stadium started to progress. I'm not saying the stadium isn't good but we took our eye off what actually matters. Stadiums don't win football matches. In fact teams who move tend to struggle. The stadium is just not going to propel us forwards and I dont know why people keep saying this.

I'd far rather stay at Goodison and enjoy watching us play. The thought of these players representing us at a new ground does the opposite of exciting me.

Things started to go wrong the second Farhad Moshiri became involved with the club.

I mean in terms of our identity as a club just being absolutely whitewashed. This isn’t Everton football club anymore.

We do have a pretty clear identity nowadays. Its just not a very good one.

We are a home for average middle of the road top flight players where they can come and earn far more than they ever dreamed of earning, without any of the pressures or expectations to win that youd expect from other clubs offering those sort of contracts.

As I heard someone say earlier, the soul of the club is gone. The connection and identity has slowly disappeared for the fans over the past few seasons.
To see improvements on the pitch, things need to happen with the shiteshow in the boardroom first

As I heard someone say earlier, the soul of the club is gone. The connection and identity has slowly disappeared for the fans over the past few seasons.
To see improvements on the pitch, things need to happen with the shiteshow in the boardroom first
I agree, but maybe it’s a more general Prem League thing, whereby it’s more about the global tv audience rather than us local ‘legacy’ fans. I’m sure the same issue has also affected other similar clubs to us too.

Status
Not open for further replies.