2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s about 6 weeks isn’t it?
About that. It’s coming on that’s for sure.

If we had Dom, Doucoure, Richarlson ( from the start ) and Mina playing today, we absolutely leather Watford.
But, we don’t. The squad is crap and that’s on Brands, although Rondon and Townsend were deffo Benitez signings so what does Brands do ? and Andros is sound.. the Subs were crap, and that’s on the manager.

The Liverpool game will be an absolute nightmare.

Comical reading the stuff here from the celebrants after a 5-2 loss.

Even more funny is that they believe there's any chance of Benitez not being our manager for the next 3 years.

There's no changes coming about in management. None.

8th in the league and the manager has spent less than £2M and been handed an unprecedented injury crisis.
Wrong. We had one last season too. Go back and have a look. It doesn't make it true if you keep repeating something that's false.

About that. It’s coming on that’s for sure.

If we had Dom, Doucoure, Richarlson ( from the start ) and Mina playing today, we absolutely leather Watford.
But, we don’t. The squad is crap and that’s on Brands, although Rondon and Townsend were deffo Benitez signings so what does Brands do ? and Andros is sound.. the Subs were crap, and that’s on the manager.

The Liverpool game will be an absolute nightmare.

don’t watch it and hibernate

Carlo also played Andre Gomes out wide against Newcastle and Alex Iwobi at LB.

THATS on the manager

Not replacing one wide player with another wide player

Loooooooooooool.

Whilst you’re lover continues to play that waste of skin up front.

At least the fans have never called for either of them to be sent off.

I’ve been one of the first to give the manager praise for his tactics at the start of the season and tried to keep any personal dislike I may have for him to one side.

I understand the injury situation and lack of squad depth (I’ve also been one of Brands’ biggest critics). But Benitez needs to take a lot of responsibility for the recent performances. His stubbornness regarding Rondon will lead to the fan base totally turning on him. I was saying at the match today, I’ve sat and watched some terrible centre forwards over the past 30 years but this fella is right up there with the worst. Offers absolutely nothing and stinks the place out week after week yet is given 90 mins again today.

His substitutions today changed the game and not in our favour. Disgraceful subs and took all of our attacking pace out of the side which is baffling when playing on the counter attack. And not to throw Dobbin on when they equalised was also baffling.

If he continues along these lines then he’ll make a rod for his own back. That was a disgrace today.
Spot on, but Rafael's probably thinking about the optics. What does it look like if Rafael's boy --the 32 year old striker on a 2yr deal picking up 10x more money than any youth kid who he requested the club get for him-- gets dropped for a kid whose never kicked a ball in the Prem. 5 mins after signing it's clear to the fans he's made a huge mistake with Rondon who is surely finished at the top level. Not a great look for Rafael. Plus, most managers generally go with 'experience over youth' so it wouldn't surprise me if Rafael was thinking "if the lads can get the ball in the box, Rondon might just be in the right place at the right time to poke it home, and alas, it's proof my guy can deliver".
NB: I'm not defending Rafael at all, I agree with you: taking off AG and weakening the side/flow with poor subs is his failure, I'm just saying, that's might be what he's thinking.

Wrong. We had one last season too. Go back and have a look. It doesn't make it true if you keep repeating something something that's false.
Not a handful of first team starters all at once.

Stop trying to minimize the disruption to the season.

Comical reading the stuff here from the celebrants after a 5-2 loss.

Even more funny is that they believe there's any chance of Benitez not being our manager for the next 3 years.

There's no changes coming about in management. None.

8th in the league and the manager has spent less than £2M and been handed an unprecedented injury crisis.

if defeats like today keep happening he won’t be manager in 3 months never mind 3 years fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.