2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I get we have mad injuries mate, and we haven't significantly improved the squad in for Benitez, so there is mitigation for him today & going forward, and we will likely finish mid table again, but I cannot excuse or defend his tactics and decisions today - he lost us that game along with the useless, chicken livered professionals he has inherited within the squad, plus the absolute donkey he has signed and now won't drop.
I think your perspective is Benitez did things differently than he has the rest of the season. For me he didn't. So I don't think you can be mad at him for today and supportive of the rest.

And the manager didn't set us up wrong or make any daft subs that led to the collapse.

Therefore you cant blame him.

I dont get whats so difficult to understand there - is Benitez telling Keane and Godfrey to get bullied by a CF yet to score a goal all season?

Is he telling Digne and Davies to put us under pressure by giving daft set pieces away?

Is he knee capping our 4 best players (DCL, Richarlison, Doucoure & Mina) so he has an excuse to play Rondon, Davies and Gordon?

You blame the manager when they actually make a tactical mistake.

He had nothing to work with today - 1x CM in Gbamin who's played 2 games in over 2 years and isn't fully fit apparently, Dobbin who's still in the academy, Iwobi who's crap and 2x goalies.

How many managers do you want to hire and sack within 18 months before you accept that the problem is by and large the crap players we have.

Im sick of them getting a free pass and I've been guilty of that at times over the years but im done throwing managers under the boss for these mental midget unmotivated dross who cant pass a ball or defend properly.

He's fully culpable for the zonal marking though.

Regardless of what anyone thinks, he will be gone in 18 months and the fan base will be reinvigorated and we will move on from this utter skid mark of the history of this once glorious club.

the club is a f n skid mark we sack him n then round n round we go. everton football club is on a merry go round that we can’t get off.

I’ve been one of the first to give the manager praise for his tactics at the start of the season and tried to keep any personal dislike I may have for him to one side.

I understand the injury situation and lack of squad depth (I’ve also been one of Brands’ biggest critics). But Benitez needs to take a lot of responsibility for the recent performances. His stubbornness regarding Rondon will lead to the fan base totally turning on him. I was saying at the match today, I’ve sat and watched some terrible centre forwards over the past 30 years but this fella is right up there with the worst. Offers absolutely nothing and stinks the place out week after week yet is given 90 mins again today.

His substitutions today changed the game and not in our favour. Disgraceful subs and took all of our attacking pace out of the side which is baffling when playing on the counter attack. And not to throw Dobbin on when they equalised was also baffling.

If he continues along these lines then he’ll make a rod for his own back. That was a disgrace today.

Status
Not open for further replies.