2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I literally haven't said anything about sacking him today, or for several weeks. I've said it's abysmal today and that's on him.

But to criticise ancelotti who had us in 2nd place at Xmas before a crazy injury list but not criticise benitez because of injuries is hypocritical.
Benitez didn't spend cash Ancelotti never had an injury crisis like this with a lot of players simultaneously out.

Benitez: Everton manager for a long time to come.

No spending yet; top half still, injury crisis on his hands.

I feel sorry for the refuseniks who think any change of manager is happening.

The board know this is a backs to the wall season.
Aside from his questionable refusal to take Rondon off, I'm honestly struggling to understand what changing the manager would do. This team has shown consistently that they crumble at the first sign of pressure, the squad is paper thin at the best of times - let alone with our current injury list. The squad needs a major overhaul, the coaching staff needs a major overhaul and the strategy of the club needs a complete rethink.

But, a few more performances like today, at home, and he'll be gone. Moshiri will cow to fan pressure.

Nah they aren't. We know they're crap.

But there's a person in charge who has to mitigate the crapness.

These same players conceded seven goals from set-pieces in the league last season. We're already at 6. Why did Benitez think Tom Davies was an adequate replacement for Doucoure, who does the job of three players in midfield? Why did he leave Rondon on and take Gordon off?

Of course the manager has got things wrong. But I am past the point of making excuses for these horrible, horrible cretins that claim to represent our club. They don’t represent me, they’re imposters, absolute clowns. As @Tubey said earlier in here, I genuinely despise our players more than Liverpool’s.

If you have to persist with the same tactics, why change the manager, infact why change a 'rock solid 'manager. And players don't change that quick, his tactics starts to take shape after 12-15 games, same happened at Newcastle, his tactics only started taking shape after 10 +games, and he made lacellas look like world beater. , So that also depends upon the players as well, how quickly they learn. If you are going to sack managers, for a team that has davis, godfray, Keane, rondon, digne, as starters at the same time, then you would run out of managers to sack.

I've seen enough of his set plays. If he doesn't change away from his truly horrific zonal system then we will continue to concede goals.

He's allowing a terrible set of players who will happily pass the buck to use a method which involves no level of personal responsibility. It's not working and will never work. Pick up your men and don't allow free headers. Non league players can do it, so there is no excuse.

Of course the manager has got things wrong. But I am past the point of making excuses for these horrible, horrible cretins that claim to represent our club. They don’t represent me, they’re imposters, absolute clowns. As @Tubey said earlier in here, I genuinely despise our players more than Liverpool’s.
Same bunch of players that won us a derby last season at Anfield, etc

I mean I agree, but the actual issues are at the top of the club and they filter down.

I'm not Benitez out. I don't think he should have ever been here because I think he's a bit crap. But we're crap, we're a crap club more arsed about virtue signalling at PL board meetings than trying to win things.

Two losses on the bounce for big Benny. One of them against one of the worst sides in the league, a team so catatonic most u11 teams would beat them. And he lost BAD. Needs a commanding win in our next game, another loss and thing might turn sour.

Benitez: Everton manager for a long time to come.

No spending yet; top half still, injury crisis on his hands.

I feel sorry for the refuseniks who think any change of manager is happening.

The board know this is a backs to the wall season.

…i think ‘backs to the wall’ means defending resolutely for the cause. I think the supporters will settle for that If Benitez can organise it.

Using a zonal marking on set-pieces with or without Mina will be his downfall.

It's invites pressure because it's negative and players switch off, they don't take responsibility and they are innocent of blame.

Martinez, Koeman, Silva all tried this and it doesn't work when you have small players like Digne, Coleman, Allan, Gray, Townsend plus a keeper who doesn't command crosses.

3 goals from 3 crosses is unacceptable and this trend won't stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.