2021/22 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Time to move on from Iwobi. I'd rather develop Gordon, and the club will have to eat the contract. He won't be sold, but perhaps we can find a loan move to his level of play.

Turkey maybe, or mid-table Holland. For him to stay in England, you'd genuinely be looking lower half Championship or possibly League One.

His transfer fee is a big issue for us - this summer he will have seen out 3 years of a 5 year deal. At a cost of £28m, we'd need to recoup about £11.2m for him this summer to make it worth our while selling him

Don't think about shifting him. This squad is full of wasters on wages that no one else would offer. He's probably on double what any other club would be willing to pay. Somewhere in the 75-100k range given his transfer fee, the other horrible contracts we offered around the same time, and the fact he was a panic buy and it went through quickly.

isn't much more to say about Iwobi, had his chance and he hasn't taken it. Get rid or put him on the bench, give Gordon the game time.

What £28m gets you now days
750D85F3-5AE5-4BD3-963B-A9E243F7DB9E.jpeg
5E3444B2-63D7-45FE-B57A-8878CF004104.jpeg
11BDED62-DE30-4167-BC8F-BE0F2C8B74EA.jpeg

Wonder if this highlight reel will make it onto @Project17

He must, MUST be good in training! Wenger, ancelotti and benitez have all picked him... I just assume his brain goes walkabout on match day

His transfer fee is a big issue for us - this summer he will have seen out 3 years of a 5 year deal. At a cost of £28m, we'd need to recoup about £11.2m for him this summer to make it worth our while selling him
Even that looks a stretch right now. Hopefully he isn’t on daft wages too, so we have a chance of getting that for him. Anything over £60kp/w and I think we’ve got no chance.

I can’t remember whether it was someone on here or on Twitter - so, unfortunately, I can’t give much deserved credit to them - who described Iwobi when he runs with the ball as “looking like he is carrying two pans of boiling water and he’s looking for somewhere to put them down”. Absolutely perfect.

Time to move on from Iwobi. I'd rather develop Gordon, and the club will have to eat the contract. He won't be sold, but perhaps we can find a loan move to his level of play.
I genuinely think this useless waster and that big bag of flotsom jizz, Solomon Condom would struggle to get into this side...

Father Jack's got more purpose than the pair of wee fannies purporting to represent us. ...

Status
Not open for further replies.