2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Amanda Staveley is a big supporter of Rafael, they're about to bring in Frank McParland to overlook recruitment, who just so happens to be good friends with Rafael. It's not unreasonable to see why people are making assumptions.
Could be good for both parties:

1. Rafael's contract is paid off, that's about 8 million
2. Rafael takes Townsend & Gray with him for a combined 60 million
3. Conte becomes manager here, we win the league

Easy peasy

No. Not at all. He's proven that he's far from rubbish repeatedly. Like him or not. He's an objectively good manager. That doesn't mean that a club with unlimited funds that could have any manager they wanted (other then a handful of well settled managers who already have it made) would even look twice at him.

I think that's based more on a kind of prejudice more than cold logic though. I don't think the people who run these clubs have much more of a clue about an exact recipe for success than the rest of us plonkers. The irony in man united fans moaning about the glazers and the united board is that their lack of recent success is in large part due to the management listening to them and giving in to popular demand all the time, changing big-name managers every ten seconds hiring Ole after a winning streak and bringing back a 36 old Ronaldo!

I think by swapping Carlo for RB we've inadvertently ended up with the better manager albeit not the bigger name on paper.

Have you ever met Boris Johnson. Or Donald Trump?
Not really the same, they actually put their philosophies and views about people in the public space and are frequently interviewed. Either way I don't like their views and opinions but they may (I doubt it) be charming company in person - certainly some people like them otherwise they would not have gained the positions they have.

No. Not at all. He's proven that he's far from rubbish repeatedly. Like him or not. He's an objectively good manager. That doesn't mean that a club with unlimited funds that could have any manager they wanted (other then a handful of well settled managers who already have it made) would even look twice at him.
The entire Geordie fan base would want him.

Status
Not open for further replies.