Match Thread Man Utd v Everton. Saturday Oct 2nd.12.30 pm

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm mystified by the negative Davies and Rondon moans today. Don't you think that if the manager had better options available to him he would have used them? Or perhaps started with 10 men and not used any substitutes?
How are Rondon and Begovic better squad players than Josh King and Virginia, I wonder? Why go to the bother of changing them?

Great performance from the team yesterday, can't help but think if even but one of DCL or Richarlison plays then we win that game.

Was boss to be in the away end, unbelievable scenes. Got a bit of an embarrassing question but is that Goodison gang song new or is it an away song that I just haven't heard because I don't really go to aways?
On thorough research it's an oldie, mad I've never heard it. Clearly need to go to more away games.

How are Rondon and Begovic better squad players than Josh King and Virginia, I wonder? Why go to the bother of changing them?

I'd have personally kept King as he wasn't given a fair shot under Carlo but, he was only on a 6-month deal with us. The decision was probably made under Ancelotti not to renew his contract. So he just wasn't an Everton player when Benitez was appointed.

Begovic is definitely still a better goalkeeper than Virginia is but it's crap if we're going to waste Virginia as it seems. Maybe he'll never be good enough but it's another example of Everton signing a promising youngster and never having the bottle to see through a development plan.

Olsen is definitely a better goalkeeper than Begovic so in that regard we've certainly had a drop off.

I'd have personally kept King as he wasn't given a fair shot under Carlo but, he was only on a 6-month deal with us. The decision was probably made under Ancelotti not to renew his contract. So he just wasn't an Everton player when Benitez was appointed.

Begovic is definitely still a better goalkeeper than Virginia is but it's crap if we're going to waste Virginia as it seems. Maybe he'll never be good enough but it's another example of Everton signing a promising youngster and never having the bottle to see through a development plan.

Olsen is definitely a better goalkeeper than Begovic so in that regard we've certainly had a drop off.
I can only go on what I've seen and although I've heard criticism of Virginia's loan spell at Huddersfield he impressed me in League
Cup games and he's young. I think we could've kept King and I suppose it was a Benitez decision. Not a good one imo.

I’m about as excited about Townsend and Grey as I have been about any signing since the early moyes era with the likes of Cahill and pienaar. His attitude is amazing and he is a credit to the club and has been since he arrived. The club as a whole will benefit from his presence.
Yup, I am eating humble pie.

I can only go on what I've seen and although I've heard criticism of Virginia's loan spell at Huddersfield he impressed me in League
Cup games and he's young. I think we could've kept King and I suppose it was a Benitez decision. Not a good one imo.
Everton confirmed King would leave on June 4th, mate.

Benitez didn't join until June 30th

It is a shame, as he'd have fitted into this style and if we'd have wanted Rondon on top then that's fine. It's more options. If we could have got King on a year-long deal then I think he'd have been useful because of how we now play. But it's hardly the end of the world, mind.

Virginia is still an Everton player, but out on season long loan to get experience he wasn't getting at Everton. King wasn't given many opportunities last season and was probably made up to get a move away. Rondon maybe hasn't set the world on fire so far but he is doing the job RB wants him to until we get DCL and Richie back, the fact that he's staying on the pitch for 90 minutes shows that.

Next game is WHU and back to GP comes David Moyes. Hopefully as there is quite an interval Richie and DCL will be back to front for us.
Indeed, we need our better players available. We also need them firing, however. They'll be coming into a side that didn't exactly sink without them, so hopefully they are motivated to prove their worth. Townsend and Gray have - whisper it - been our best players this season along with Doucoure. Our strikers are playing catch up...

Status
Not open for further replies.