2021/22 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mate we're talking about a pro footballer who trains 5 times a week. If he can't finish that with aplomb then my argument is right.
There are lots of good players who aren't natural finishers.

Ultimately it was the wrong decision because it was offside but I'm not going to go overboard about something very marginal. It didn't work out but I dont think it was a terrible decision.

There are lots of good players who aren't natural finishers.

Ultimately it was the wrong decision because it was offside but I'm not going to go overboard about something very marginal. It didn't work out but I dont think it was a terrible decision.
Jesus.... Mate all you've got to do is smash it, the whole is gapping! Can't believe your defending this. Listen am not a Davies hater on here slagging him off for the sake of it but if you think an elite Premier league midfielder can't put that away then we've massively differ on what's expected from a pro footballer.

Jesus.... Mate all you've got to do is smash it, the whole is gapping! Can't believe your defending this. Listen am not a Davies hater on here slagging him off for the sake of it but if you think an elite Premier league midfielder can't put that away then we've massively differ on what's expected from a pro footballer.
Not even an elite one, any prem midfielder should. He even had time to pick his spot ffs

Mate honestly this is bizarre that it's getting defended. Feel like am in a mind bending vortex.
Nah I get you, honestly should've picked his spot and passed it in the back of the net.

I get he saw the movement (and tbh it's such a dubious call that it got called back anyway, but I missed the VAR analysis due to technical difficulties so..) and passed it, but the lad had time to even get a few touches before picking his spot. No need to rush that situation.

Nah I get you, honestly should've picked his spot and passed it in the back of the net.

I get he saw the movement (and tbh it's such a dubious call that it got called back anyway) and passed it, but the lad had time to even get a few touches before picking his spot. No need to rush that situation.
If he passes its offside... If he shoots its a goal... Its dead simple. He relinquished responsibility because he can't muster the bottle to shoot. The pressure of playing for us is to much for him. That's not a dig, just reality.

Mate honestly this is bizarre that it's getting defended. Feel like am in a mind bending vortex.

Its because for years we've put up with plodders.
Can you imagine davies. Sigurdsson. Gomes. Iwobi.....being any part of that superb break away goal today. Could you fck. They would have slowed it right down and let the whole united team get back behind the ball.
Fingers crossed we can start being more like today with what i thought was a fantastic goal. No plodders involved

Can you imagine davies. Sigurdsson. Gomes. Iwobi.....being any part of that superb break away goal today. Could you fck. They would have slowed it right down and let the whole united team get back behind the ball.
Fingers crossed we can start being more like today with what i thought was a fantastic goal. No plodders involved
Nah, Gylfi might actually join the attack and play it well. He's not inadequate or immobile, like.

Alex "Foot like a 50p coin" Iwobi is such a wild card option for this tho. Imagine him in Townsend's position - gets there and it's either hitting the bottom corner or the right-hand side corner flag. No inbetween.

Davies had his own chance to put his name in lights but it's to much for him to handle.

Nah, Gylfi might actually join the attack and play it well. He's not inadequate or immobile, like.

Alex "Foot like a 50p coin" Iwobi is such a wild card option for this tho. Imagine him in Townsend's position - gets there and it's either hitting the bottom corner or the right-hand side corner flag. No inbetween.

Sigurdsson might have the pass in him i agree but he had no pace whatsover. Thats what i was really hinting at. The pace of that breakaway was beautiful. Sigurdsson would never have carried the ball that fast.

Iwobi hits that straight at the keeper 99 times out of 100. The other time he puts it wide.

Sigurdsson might have the pass in him i agree but he had no pace whatsover. Thats what i was really hinting at. The pace of that breakaway was beautiful. Sigurdsson would never have carried the ball that fast.
Huh... Remember when everyone was saying Townsend is slow? Cuz he is, and Gylfi is probably faster or at least more mobile, but less direct.

Neither is rapid, but neither is a slug is what I'm saying, you know?

That said, Gylfi definitely not gonna join the attack like that lol
Iwobi hits that straight at the keeper 99 times out of 100. The other time he puts it wide.
I'd say 90/100 mate, have some leniency towards our very own Messi.

The other 5 times horribly wide, nearly throw in. 5 times horribly over the bar.

Don't think we can blame him for passing. He is a very poor footballer with an embarrassing number of goals to appearances so chose to take the easy option. Hopefully he can make a career in championship or Bundesliga

Status
Not open for further replies.