2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to enjoy this thread as there were occasionally a few entertaining and informed posts about things the manager was doing.

However, all we see now are two sets of extremely entrenched views and the same arguments raging on and on between them.

Whether you like him or not, Rafael is the manager and the club fully back him and won't be getting rid of him anytime soon.

It's time all on here accepted this and stopped fighting the battles of last summer over and over. It's not even a debate any more, it's two angry blokes shouting over a fence at each other.

Time to move on and make this thread entertaining again.
Exactly. Glad your on out side mate.

This time last year were were also in a very healthy position in the league, we were also still in the cup and the football was also nice. I wouldn't say the football this season has been any good anyway.

I know you love to choke down Iberian sausage but you don't need to leap to his defense at every oppurtunity.
We certainly were in a good position , but possibly the warning signs were there but we chose not to see them.
I think we were getting results but maybe the performances didn't always match the results and as we know the whole thing largely fell apart after Christmas.

Of course Carlo also had the advantage of being able to spend money and sign the players he wanted.

None of us how the season will pan out for RB but I think it is clear that he is going about his job in a very different way to CA.

Of course, but no one said anything when he did that because he had no history of making snide comments about them playing like that when against the top teams

He's already set the bar that Everton going to the top teams and playing defensively is a bad thing deserving of scorn, so if he now has Everton playing away at a top team in a defensive manner it's going to reflect back on him

It's why he should have just been honest when he got the job and said that he made the original comments in frustration at being held by a great defensive performance by Everton and fully retracted them

It would have not only smoothed things over with a segment of the fan base but it also would have taken that particular aspect off the table

Instead he chose to hold firm, and make the aforementioned rod
You must have a beautiful life if a comment that's pretty factual still hurts you all these years later.

I actually think he's doing pretty okay - a 7/10.

The footy is a bit crap, but probably better from an attacking perspective than I thought. That being said, we look pretty suspect at the back in situations I thought he'd have us tighter in, and we can't control any period of a game for a sustained amount of time.

He needs time and money, but also, Everton should not be expecting anything less than a push for Europe because we've spent enough down the years for that to be the expectation of any manager.

We need to spend in Jan - however much - to strengthen and there can't be any excuse not to.

I used to enjoy this thread as there were occasionally a few entertaining and informed posts about things the manager was doing.

However, all we see now are two sets of extremely entrenched views and the same arguments raging on and on between them.

Whether you like him or not, Rafael is the manager and the club fully back him and won't be getting rid of him anytime soon.

It's time all on here accepted this and stopped fighting the battles of last summer over and over. It's not even a debate any more, it's two angry blokes shouting over a fence at each other.

Time to move on and make this thread entertaining again.
Hi mate, I think I speak for the majority on here when I say, 'up yours'.?

It is what the manager would want me to say too. ?

I actually think he's doing pretty okay - a 7/10.

The footy is a bit crap, but probably better from an attacking perspective than I thought. That being said, we look pretty suspect at the back in situations I thought he'd have us tighter in, and we can't control any period of a game for a sustained amount of time.

He needs time and money, but also, Everton should not be expecting anything less than a push for Europe because we've spent enough down the years for that to be the expectation of any manager.

We need to spend in Jan - however much - to strengthen and there can't be any excuse not to.

At mimimum we need a RB & cover at CM.

Maitland-Niles would have been a decent signing but cant see lego head letting him join us unless Brands has the dough to loosen the purse strings.

We certainly were in a good position , but possibly the warning signs were there but we chose not to see them.
I think we were getting results but maybe the performances didn't always match the results and as we know the whole thing largely fell apart after Christmas.

Of course Carlo also had the advantage of being able to spend money and sign the players he wanted.

None of us how the season will pan out for RB but I think it is clear that he is going about his job in a very different way to CA.

So, same as this season then?

Just curious: what constitutes a 9/10 & a 5/10?

Well a 9/10 would be us having won every game and playing brilliant footy and looking like we had a sustainable style of play. Basically as near to perfect as you could get.

A 5/10 would us probably have lost/drawn a few more matches, and the footy being the same as it is now. But we've got results (as we should do given the teams we've played, mind).

Well a 9/10 would be us having won every game and playing brilliant footy and looking like we had a sustainable style of play. Basically as near to perfect as you could get.

A 5/10 would us probably have lost/drawn a few more matches, and the footy being the same as it is now. But we've got results (as we should do given the teams we've played, mind).

Staying in the cup gets him a point or two higher.

Status
Not open for further replies.