2021/22 Demarai Gray

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tbh I thought he really struggled to have any impact. He doesn't suit playing as a second striker (although I don't think any of our players do which is kind of an issue given we play 4-4-1-1).

However, when space opens up later in games having his pace through the middle is an asset and we saw that for Doucoure's goal.
Yes...looks far better wide and allowed to drift inside , moreso later in the game.

So am I
But atm he's playing as good if not better than those on that list.

Aye well Rashford is obviously out for a while so potentially there could be a spot.

But those players are all - deservedly - ahead of him in the pecking order. Greenwood didn't get in the last squad but will surely get in the next one.

If he keeps playing well then he'll give himself every chance, but England do have an embarrassment of riches in attacking areas.

Aye well Rashford is obviously out for a while so potentially there could be a spot.

But those players are all - deservedly - ahead of him in the pecking order. Greenwood didn't get in the last squad but will surely get in the next one.

If he keeps playing well then he'll give himself every chance, but England do have an embarrassment of riches in attacking areas.
Ye some cracking players there.

Form wise tho atm , he's up there with them and getting plenty of game time.
Hope it continues.

Thought Norwich managed him too well to be honest. Hope that's not his reputation being to assert itself. Probably more to do with Norwich not having to worry about Richy and Dom. They certainly did not need to worry about Rondon... So concentrated on Gray in the middle.

Sterling, Sancho, Greenwood, Foden, Grealish, Rashford, Mount.

Then there's wingers like Hudson-Odoi to think about too.

Gray has started really well for us but happy for him to just keep grafting for Everton tbh

Yeah, I think he's got to play the whole season well, plus hope that two of that list are injured, to make the England squad. Mount is vulnerable , I think if others can work as hard as Mount but also give some creative spark, then he is replaceable in the first XI for England. Knowing Southgate, he might pick Gray for a squad sometime!

Thought Norwich managed him too well to be honest. Hope that's not his reputation being to assert itself. Probably more to do with Norwich not having to worry about Richy and Dom. They certainly did not need to worry about Rondon... So concentrated on Gray in the middle.
Pretty much nailed it on the head. Gray was really our only threat in behind. Easy to man mark one person out the game. Near impossible with 3 of Richie dcl grey.

Pretty much nailed it on the head. Gray was really our only threat in behind. Easy to man mark one person out the game. Near impossible with 3 of Richie dcl grey.
Phew had most of that auto save from yesterday, one has to keep check on one's own unconscious bias, given the manager and all.:)

He was played central and unless there's space then it negates what he's good at. We saw that against Southampton.

He's a player who can play central when the game is stretched and he can use his pace. But if not it's wasting him.

the weight on his assist yesterday, just perfect. if somebody offered £40m for him in January I think Rafael would turn it down. If I were a Leicester fan I would not be happy at letting this lad go on a free. Madhess.
Obv he is going through a purple patch at the moment, but there are certain aspects which will always be there, the pace, the weight of pass, the finishing.
Leicester release this guy for peanuts and then sign lookman.
Guess both sets of fans are baffled

He can struggle all game and still come up with the biggest moments. And he did not hesitate to slip in Doucore. Some players are selfish and take that shot on every time. Glad to see he took the opportunity to give DOUCS an easy finish

Status
Not open for further replies.