2021/22 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think Benitez would prefer those options either. Honestly believe it’s a combination of the club wanting his wages off the books, James not wanting to be here, and Benitez seeing him in training and pre-season and realising his head is elsewhere. Once it became clear that he didn’t want to be here I don’t really blame the manager for keeping him away from the dressing room in all honesty. An unhappy player is no good to anyone, regardless of how talented they are.
Benitez didn't keep him away from the dressing room at all other than when James had to isolate though? Other than that he's been training etc.

Was a club decision (mutually with James) for him not to be in the squad v Brighton while the Porto talks were ongoing. It's probably safe to assume the same happened on Saturday just gone.

I honestly think he'd have rather stayed at Everton than gone to Qatar (I mean, we aren't that bad and I don't think the relationship between him and Benitez is that sour). However, he probably wanted guaranteed playing time (so maybe that's him not being up for the fight? Which I wouldn't be happy about but also, we aren't that good, so you know, I'm not gonna say Iwobi should start games instead of him), and also the club having been desperate to get him to leave too.

Disagree, just don't think he's got the motivation anymore to take football serious.

I don't agree here. He's the one actual winner we've brought in in forever, bar Rooney and Eto'o.

He possibly doesn't have the fight to try and work his way back into a system under a manager he may well feel won't give him game time regardless of how well he trains, at a club he was only at because of another manager anyway, and a club that have made it perfectly clear that they needed him out.

It's a combination of all the factors. But he wants to play, and he wants to play in that World Cup next year. Hence Mendes will have sold it him on that. And fortunately for Everton, a Qatari club has been able to pay his wages.

This is funny, he has gone to a nonsense league with a grand total of 12 teams, twelve haha the Qatar Stars League, for perspective it has the same amount of teams as The Scottish Premiership and it proberbly even more irrelivant.
Hands up who could name a team in the Qatar Stars League? Who could name a player prior too today who has ever played in it? This time waster has decided thats were he wants to be, or more likely no clubs in any major league would touch him, and fans are gutted this clown has gone, really?
Whilst we still have Michael 50p head Keane we'll be just fine. Won't we lads? Lads? Lads?

I don’t think Benitez would prefer those options either. Honestly believe it’s a combination of the club wanting his wages off the books, James not wanting to be here, and Benitez seeing him in training and pre-season and realising his head is elsewhere. Once it became clear that he didn’t want to be here I don’t really blame the manager for keeping him away from the dressing room in all honesty. An unhappy player is no good to anyone, regardless of how talented they are.
He went to the desert for game time, mate. He would have stayed if the manager wanted him.

Happy or not he was contributing more than our midfielders.

Anyway, he's gone and we have to move on

He was here 12months and didnt get a chance to bond with the club or the fans.

I would have cringed if he said anything different.

I mean he thanked the fans anyway, said it was a shame he didn't get to play at a full Goodison. What else more is there to say? "Thanks for the Echo Falls, though!"

I imagine if he'd said "I left because I couldn't be arsed with Benitez banging on about Istanbul", fans wouldn't be happy either.

I thank my private jet and yacht for allowing me to skive off. Many thanks everton fans for funding my jet lifestyle and girls found on certain websites. All the best for the season battling with the likes of Davies iwobi and Delph. I hope my new team are as welcoming All the best hames the rat

tumblr_nq97ndavdf1tz7zeyo4_540.gifv

Status
Not open for further replies.