2021/22 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah this really.

It would be nice if just for once a player is not chased out with everybody then arguing with each other when he is gone.

Couldn't he just be a quality player who showed some lovely flashes last season and leave it at that?
That's how I'll remember it.

Life is too short to focus on the bad, whoever is at fault.

EDIT! Unless it's Kenwright being Kenwright. I'll always have a bit of a fume about him.

What are you wittering on about now? What's me not being a football manager got to do with anything?

Any manager, in any job, should have time to speak to their employees.

He probably did speak to him just not in the way that you clearly wanted him to. ......

"So Jimmy me old mate, I have been told you wanted out before Carlo left the club eh ....... I hear you like to jump on a jet and take the odd game off when you've been playing call of duty for hours on end....... Well, the thing is, you are on mega bucks, you like to play when you want and play how you want...... Now you know me, I like players to commit to the team objective but the thing is there's a load of bedwetters out there who think all you need is a game in front of a packed goodison and you will be ok"

Says it all right there.

Good luck Hamez , this club dont deserve you.
Neither did some of our fans.

Regarding the club, that post can only have been up a matter of hours and has nearly 600,000 likes already. He was an Everton player. With a following like that how could we not make it work financially? I mean, our club really is crap at things like that.

He probably did speak to him just not in the way that you clearly wanted him to. ......

"So Jimmy me old mate, I have been told you wanted out before Carlo left the club eh ....... I hear you like to jump on a jet and take the odd game off when you've been playing call of duty for hours on end....... Well, the thing is, you are on mega bucks, you like to play when you want and play how you want...... Now you know me, I like players to commit to the team objective but the thing is there's a load of bedwetters out there who think all you need is a game in front of a packed goodison and you will be ok"
You don't half talk some crap.

The post literally said that benitez didn't have time to try and talk him round. Of course he had time to try. Him deciding he doesn't want to try is a different matter.

I enjoyed watching him play and thought at times he was a clear level above what we already had in terms of vision and technique. Obviously stuff has gone on with him we don’t know about such as attitude, what gets said behind the scenes.

I get why people are glad he’s gone , I can’t help feel a little disappointed it never worked out better.
I can't

That's how I'll remember it.

Life is too short to focus on the bad, whoever is at fault.

EDIT! Unless it's Kenwright being Kenwright. I'll always have a bit of a fume about him.
I agree here but I just hate how the club is run mate. I don't hate a lot of things, but I hate how much of a mess it is.

And it's the narrative too. Everton, pumping all of that energy into the promotion of the signing, making (rightly) such a big deal of it, marketing in the US and Colombia and all that. Amazing stuff.

And then it all ends in a three-paragraph statement on the website, and Everton go back to being little old Everton and we get a pat on the head.

Whereas actually, five years into a billionaire's tenure, and 3 years into a DoF's tenure, when the whole thing has been about trying to challenge the elite and not be also-rans, we should absolutely be in a position to afford a £150-200k a week player to do just that. Yet, because of previous mistakes, we can't, and not only that, we've gone and hired the one manager in world football who was probably alright with the club helping James out of the door.

Status
Not open for further replies.