2021/22 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
First pro James post I partially agree with, it is a shame as he’s had so much talent. The big factor in all of this is - he’s not arsed, that’s the problem.
No fight, nothing. Just pop off to the IAE for another £200k a week
Athletic now reporting Bentiez told him early on he wasn't going to play and the club told him they wanted him gone.

Now, I think that view from Benitez could have softened after the window closed (and I think it actually did do), but I don't think James was willing to take the risk.

I don't have an opinion on whether it's right or wrong. James in my view , like any player, has to fight for his place, but he knows what his relationship with Benitez is like and if he thought that however much he played, he wouldn't get a chance, then ultimately it is what it is.

I expect a ton of hit pieces from the usual fanzine writers now about James, and I expect we'll hear something from Mendes/James down the line too. I imagine the truth will be somewhere in the middle. The party I blame the most is the club, though I believe all parties have to shoulder some responsibility.

It's also Qatar, not the UAE. Qatar, about to host one of the most politically contentious but also significant world cups there has been. It's a huge deal. A huge, huge deal, for that league and country.

Why do you think Xavi hasn't hopped off to Barca yet, mate?

Well, Brands ain't going anywhere especially when he's signed a new deal until 2024 and is on the board of the holding companies.

We'll be going through more managers than DoFs
Which is how it should work. I really don't have a huge problem with Brands staying so long as we give him proper control. It isn't going to be easy for any DOF when you've got a owner bringing in someone like Carlo and giving him latitude to demand certain players.

Which is how it should work. I really don't have a huge problem with Brands staying so long as we give him proper control. It isn't going to be easy for any DOF when you've got a owner bringing in someone like Carlo and giving him latitude to demand certain players.
aye but we're continuing the trend with Benitez having full control on incoming and even blocking moves out (he said no to offers for Gordon on loan and said we had to keep Kenny once the AMN loan offer was rejected). So it comes back to what power does Brands actually have?

He's the only manager to do that though. And the 3 he brought in were a massive improvement on what Brands brought in before.

What you're saying now is Brands needs to buy for Rafael and not the other way round.

He didn't take a pay cut for Porto, he won't be taking one for Qatar.

He was simply never, ever, ever actually on north of 200k or even 200k in my book.

I imagine there was a very hefty signing on fee when he did sign for us, mind.

I think reading between the lines he was deffo on big money mate.

Certainly not on 90k as people were adamant about - the club aint desperately getting you off the books for that amount.

Status
Not open for further replies.