2021/22 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
What did you propose us to do to get a DCL cover in??? Spend £0 on who? Rondon will be playing tonight and will be fit in a week. He's a professional with a great attitude.

Townsend and Gray are the two workers who take his place thanks very much.
Where do you get the idea he will be match fit in a week from?

And townsend and Gray came in to replace Bernard and Walcott if anything.

You can't claim that they were brought in using the wages him leaving have freed up, when he hasn't left, so those wages aren't freed up. So your scenario again doesn't work.

Its both sidess though isnt it - most of us are sensible enough to suggest he's a good player just not suited to English Football / Benitez's system so can not justify keeping him as a bench player on the wage he is on.

For the extreme on one side you have the "best player at the club" "build the team around him FSW" "how we going to beat teams like Burnley without James on the pitch" extremes on the other end who thinks the sun shines out of his rectum and evil Benitez/Everton are turfing him out.
So, at both extremes, everyone thinks he's great? Weird. I'm not sure you understand the word extreme.

Althoight I would have been slightly gutted to have not seen James play for us, I genuinely wasn't that fussed if we got a replacement for him in during our window, as it's become that clear Benitez won't play him and tbh I don't think James can be arsed being here since Carlo left and the fsw rocked up.

I do think there should be a place for him in our squad, as he could offer genuine skill and something different to anything else we have.

I do find it incredulous that we are still looking to punt him out the club, when our window is shut and we have very limited options from the squad when the injuries hit.

Can't wait to see iwobi or rondon unable to control a ball passed 4 yards to them over the next few weeks, can you mate?
Oh I am in full agreement mate. I've just lost the will with this one. I think the club have ballsed this up and handled it poorly.

Imagine looking at our squad and thinking, no chance we need that galactico to come on for 15 or 20 minutes every few games or so until the next transfer window when he can go if he wants and we can sort a replacement or strengthen the team with the wages we save.

How there's an argument about having a veritable superstar of the game on the books and not trying to get minutes from him whilst juggling his health/ injury issues and need to get back into the national team is frankly bonkers.

Where do you get the idea he will be match fit in a week from?

And townsend and Gray came in to replace Bernard and Walcott if anything.

You can't claim that they were brought in using the wages him leaving have freed up, when he hasn't left, so those wages aren't freed up. So your scenario again doesn't work.
Seriously you need to get over this .... James is a nich player with very little demand for his type in the game. The formation and tactics need to be changed to accomodate him and Rafael won't do that.

We needed width and we've got width, James never offered us that. He's going, stop crying. Rondon will be a great signing ..... I'm sorry he's not glossy enough for you.

Seriously you need to get over this .... James is a nich player with very little demand for his type in the game. The formation and tactics need to be changed to accomodate him and Rafael won't do that.

We needed width and we've got width, James never offered us that. He's going, stop crying. Rondon will be a great signing ..... I'm sorry he's not glossy enough for you.
Some games call for different formations and tactics. As we have already seen this season. You need people who can do things others can't. His contributions to goals in only 23 games last season, is better than towsend has ever managed in a season before.

If you think rondon is going to be a great signing, your ambitions are seriously low. Which is pretty sad when you think about it.

Its both sidess though isnt it - most of us are sensible enough to suggest he's a good player just not suited to English Football / Benitez's system so can not justify keeping him as a bench player on the wage he is on.

For the extreme on one side you have the "best player at the club" "build the team around him FSW" "how we going to beat teams like Burnley without James on the pitch" extremes on the other end who thinks the sun shines out of his rectum and evil Benitez/Everton are turfing him out.
You referred to him as, and I quote, ‘that cart horse James’ a couple of weeks ago, but yeah, ‘most of us are sensible to suggest he is a good player. Which statement is correct?

You referred to him as, and I quote, ‘that cart horse James’ a couple of weeks ago, but yeah, ‘most of us are sensible to suggest he is a good player. Which statement is correct?

About 50% of our squad are cart horses - doesn't mean I want them out the door for any other reason that they are not good enough / not suited to this team/system.

James is gone mate - move on he's not the messiah.

Status
Not open for further replies.