2021/22 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where did '9' assists come from or are people still making stuff up?

In the English Premier League season 2020/21, James Rodríguez played 21 matches (plus 2 as a sub). He had 18 shots on target from a total of 28 shots and scored 6 goals (2.80 xG). James Rodríguez averaged 46 passes per match with a pass completion rate of 84%, and had 4 assists.

He had 6 goals and 8 assists in all comps.

Our best moment last season was, after the Anfield win, probably the 5-4 v Spurs.

He set up 3 of the 5 goals that got us there, so that's one thing.

In terms of big chances, btw (and this is like genuine sitters), then in the league only 4 players created more than James, all of whom (bar De Bruyne and Grealish IIRC) played at least 10 games more.

This.

I've pointed it out a few times the last few days. All negatives are blamed on others, anything positive is benitez. The agenda is unreal.

Benitez is revered by the Kopites, revered by the " Toon Army " and now by some of our fans.

If that`s the company they want to keep, they should hang their heads in shame.

Benitez is revered by the Kopites, revered by the " Toon Army " and now by some of our fans.

They should hang their heads in shame.
It honestly astounds me how low our ambitions have become with this hire. I was out in Newcastle with a load of their fans on sat afternoon/evening. Its really concerning that a lot of posters in here, are saying the same things that they said.

In many respects Hamez is the perfect Everton player, half the fanbase love him and half hate him. I was reading a bit about his current transfer there the author said that Everton fans were completely divided on him. He was either a gifted player bringing something different to Everton or a waster who had no interest in the club. My opinion is he is a gifted player who brings something different to the club but who also is a waster who doesn’t care for the club.
None of us know how bad the rift between him and Benitez is but it must be very bad if Benitez is prepared to let him go after seeing how threadbare we were on Saturday.
I think if this interest in him is real and he does move on we will know where we stand. It would be criminal if we were still paying his wages and were still caught by FFP.

No.

Second bit - absolutely, from the moment CA left (maybe before that).

But no need for revisionism. It's like when Rom left and people said it was fine cause he had a crap first touch.

It's not though.

You can't compare the Everton careers of the two players. Lukaku was a world class goal scorer, almost always available, brilliant attitude on the pitch.

Lukaku wanted to leave to go and win trophies, went for 80 odd million to United, then went and won Serie A, now has come back to win the PL. James is going to play in Qatar when he is still only 30 and should have 2 or 3 good years at a high level left in him.

The two scenarios couldn't really be more different. We will have a short term hit from not having an extra squad option available, but losing Lukaku set us back years. Koeman spent 150m on rubbish trying to replace him and it's only this summer we felt the full weight of those mistakes!

Going to the middle east shows just how little he cares about football...
Could of knuckled down and forced his way into the team...
Chose to go earn a wedge playing against spoilt sheik's extended family with the odd washed up south American sprinkled among them

You shouldn't have to 'force your way' into a team that starts Andros Townsend and an unfit Rondon though.

He could score 80 goals in training and he still wouldn't be picked.

Status
Not open for further replies.