2021/22 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
He contributes now, which is something.

The disappointing thing for me is that he doesn't have anywhere near as much raw talent as I thought when I saw him at Arsenal.

What were you thinking when you paid £30Million for thos headless chicken. Decent guy with good intentions. He just isn't very good. When have you seen him have a good game where he made a significant positive difference? Wage thief cut your losses and give local kid his squad place

He contributes now, which is something.

The disappointing thing for me is that he doesn't have anywhere near as much raw talent as I thought when I saw him at Arsenal.
Agree. But think it's about self-confidence, not the skills. You see it when he comes 1 vs. 1, or in a position where he can create trouble for the opponent, then he often becomes a little hesitant and that is enough for the opponents to gain control.

….great opportunity for him yesterday but I don’t think he took it. I was disappointed with his display, I thought he’d contribute more.
How can he contribute more when DCL and Richarlison arnt there? He cant help in the build up to.players who arnt playing.
Main thing is he has looked betrer this season then he did last, which is what we want, players to improve.

He just doesn't have scoring instinct. I don't think I saw him attack the back post once. He doesn't score goals because he doesn't make runs into the box - it's so frustrating to watch
The sad thing is I think he is a threat when he gets into good positions. I said this a while back that he never puts himself into positions to attack crosses or get on the end of something like Mirallas did from the wing position. Iwobi gets there sometimes when playing more advanced (or coming on as a sub), but he doesn’t bring nearly the same intensity as a starter.

Status
Not open for further replies.