2021/22 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
cost the same as Bailey, may have the odd purple patch where he puts in consecutive 8/10 performances and maybe snatches a goal or assist but he is still a very very average footballer - one of Brands’ worst signings and that’s saying something
I was going to make a similar point - he’s done ok this season to date but it’s criminal to think he cost the same as that Bailey

cost the same as Bailey, may have the odd purple patch where he puts in consecutive 8/10 performances and maybe snatches a goal or assist but he is still a very very average footballer - one of Brands’ worst signings and that’s saying something

We could have signed Bailey for £22-25mil summer last year. The year before he would have been the same price as Iwobi.

Its absolute madness.

Left sided Kanchelskis in terms of speed and directness.

To think we could have brought in 4 or 5 decent squad players for what he cost.
Has to be one of the worst pieces of business this club has ever made.

We could have signed Bailey for £22-25mil summer last year. The year before he would have been the same price as Iwobi.

Its absolute madness.

Left sided Kanchelskis in terms of speed and directness.
I like Bailey. He absolutely has not done enough yet for us to get this worked up.

Well my assessment of him changes based on what happens and yours is he's terrible and you hate him every week. So yeah.
I mean, it doesn't. It's always "he was fine but...." Insert something about the coach not using him properly, he isn't being played in the right position, he isn't fully fit etc... Tbf, thinking about it sometimes you say he's brilliant, when he's just OK so I suppose you have two opinions on him. I've never seen you say he's had a bad game.

I mean, it doesn't. It's always "he was fine but...." Insert something about the coach not using him properly, he isn't being played in the right position, he isn't fully fit etc... Tbf, thinking about it sometimes you say he's brilliant, when he's just OK so I suppose you have two opinions on him. I've never seen you say he's had a bad game.
I have. It's just that it's hard to pick it out because if I says he's having a bad game there will literally be 40 pages of others doing it.

This took me 30 seconds to find and while yes, I don't think Carlo did him any favors it isn't beating around that he played quite badly for a long stretch.

I'll be honest I'm pretty disappointed in him today because I really did feel like first half he was doing the things you want him to do but he just disappeared. I'm hoping it was a fitness thing mostly because I think he's very important for us given the current situation.

I have. It's just that it's hard to pick it out because if I says he's having a bad game there will literally be 40 pages of others doing it.

This took me 30 seconds to find and while yes, I don't think Carlo did him any favors it isn't beating around that he played quite badly for a long stretch.

I'll be honest I'm pretty disappointed in him today because I really did feel like first half he was doing the things you want him to do but he just disappeared. I'm hoping it was a fitness thing mostly because I think he's very important for us given the current situation.
In that quote the only difference between what I said you say is you said he played badly instead of fine (I suppose I said you never did that so fair enough), you still said it wasn't his fault. It never is though according to you.

In that quote the only difference between what I said you say is you said he played badly instead of fine (I suppose I said you never did that so fair enough), you still said it wasn't his fault. It never is though according to you.
I don't think he's as bad a player as he's shown here at times and crucially I have always thought he's given his max effort so yeah I do look elsewhere. He's also been managed poorly and I'm not really sure what the argument against that is at this point.

I think if someone put the same level of belief in him that Carlo did with DCL or Marco with Richarlison or that Rafael seems to be doing with Gray you'd see an upturn. Would he be great? Probably not. Would he be worth the price we paid? Honestly it's hard for us to sign a player for 30m who is worth it. But getting better would be nice. I mean imagine Richarlison came here and was in and out of the team then turned into a RWB for a stretch and constantly put into tough tactical roles based on his skills. Not to mention been on the fans bad side since day one. How would that have gone?

Playing on the left he ready does look better btw. People may think he wasn't great today but that's not even a patch on some of his bad games on the right. He'll be getting more games in this coming stretch and I really hope he grows into it a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.