2021/22 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only "winger" who doesn't go past a man and doesn't put in a decent cross. Gray and Townsend both show him what he should be doing but he isn't capable or hasn't shown it despite the numerous times he's been picked by numerous managers. Once again given a starting position and not able to capitalise on that chance. I'm afraid he's just not good enough.

Only "winger" who doesn't go past a man and doesn't put in a decent cross. Gray and Townsend both show him what he should be doing but he isn't capable or hasn't shown it despite the numerous times he's been picked by numerous managers. Once again given a starting position and not able to capitalise on that chance. I'm afraid he's just not good enough.
Townsend was worse today

As I said he and Rondon didn’t provide enough goal scoring threat and we paid the price. If Dom and Richy were there to hit something to- maybe Iwobi would have had more effect. But it’s no coincidence that the two games he has started we haven’t won. He just isn’t a starter for me. Not really got the pace or confidence to make a difference

As I said he and Rondon didn’t provide enough goal scoring threat and we paid the price. If Dom and Richy were there to hit something to- maybe Iwobi would have had more effect. But it’s no coincidence that the two games he has started we haven’t won. He just isn’t a starter for me. Not really got the pace or confidence to make a difference
You sure? I feel like it just might be. We weren't a whole lot better in the games we've won than the ones we've lost so far aside from Saints were we blew them away in the second half. But who did we bring on to change that late on?

You sure? I feel like it just might be. We weren't a whole lot better in the games we've won than the ones we've lost so far aside from Saints were we blew them away in the second half. But who did we bring on to change that late on?
Key words BROUGHT ON. Did not start. Did better against tired legs. He doesn’t really draw any attention as a starter. Better on the bench. His lack of pace makes less of a difference and he can be more comfortable on the ball as teams stop pressing so hard.

Key words BROUGHT ON. Did not start. Did better against tired legs. He doesn’t really draw any attention as a starter. Better on the bench. His lack of pace makes less of a difference and he can be more comfortable on the ball as teams stop pressing so hard.
I knew I shouldn't have put that. The other four games we were similar level performance wise. Iwobi started two and didn't start two. It means nothing at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.