Match Thread Aston Villa v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
1: Gray was through and was fouled (not given).

2: Gray missed when you'd expect him to score (based on last few games)

3: We dont have a RB and they do

4: Lots of injuries

5: Salmon Condom and Iwobi

6: 50p head Keane missed 2 headers

7: Leon Bailey looked like a left sided Kanchelskis.

Mina MOTM

Villa subbed McGinn and it counted as a concussion injury, which is now considered a free substitute (to ensure clubs and players aren’t pressured to remain on the pitch if they aren’t able to do so)

If a team uses a concussion sub, the other team also gets an extra sub to use, to ensure there is no unfair advantage gained.

Which is fine but I'm still struggling to see where villa made "5 subs"?

I assumed we got a fourth for that reason.

The 15 lads we stuck out today cost 170m though mate. Did we just come up against a better team, who took their chance to score, and we wobbled a bit.

We missed our 1st team players today.

We’re always without first team players. We always have one of the worst injury lists in the league. Teams always finish every half chance we give them against us. Sick of it. We’ll finish mid table again and trophyless no doubt whilst the top 4 just have an arms race between themselves.

1: Gray was through and was fouled (not given).

2: Gray missed when you'd expect him to score (based on last few games)

3: We dont have a RB and they do

4: Lots of injuries

5: Salmon Condom and Iwobi

6: 50p head Keane missed 2 headers

7: Leon Bailey looked like a left sided Kanchelskis.

Mina MOTM
1. Baffled me that wasnt given as a foul (and would have been a red card too)

2. hard chance when you see the replay, had to try and bend it round two players.

3. Agreed, can't be expecrting Godfrey to be playing well as a RB, if he does a job great but he is not a RB.

4. PEolpe forgetting.

5. Clever attempt at humour, failed. Was alright untilm we went 4-6-0.

6. Keane's still crap

Would love an industrious full back like cash.

Not for his goal but his intensity
Goal aside, I thought Cash was awful tonight. Crossing was terrible and lost a few 50/50’s.

He’s got bags of energy and Villa play a system which affords him lots of space and lots of the ball in advanced positions. We lack both a system that suits our full backs and full backs with genuine intensity.

Digne is a solid full back but, as we’ve seen for a while, he’s so inconsistent and can have lapses like tonight.

Like every team we play, Norwich will have no fear playing Everton next w’end and I get the ‘Everton that’ feeling that this will be one of their very rare wins this season.

Anyway, I’m going back to sleep.
With our depleted squad, I don't see why any of us should assume we will beat Norwich or anyone in this league. The squad is paper thin. Squads decide league positions and ours is very shallow outside the first 11. I suspect we'll draw next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.