2021/22 Ben Godfrey

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont know where the friction comes from when he's suggested as a RB.

To me he could be our Kyle Walker. He has the pace and athleticism of Walker and he can carry the ball alright. He needs a lot of games there and to be able to get his head up to link with forward players when he gets to the final third.

It's as plain as a pikestaff to me that he's a RB. I dont see him in midfield because he isn't cute enough on the ball, and he isn't (as said) a CB because he's poor positionally.

I dont know where the friction comes from when he's suggested as a RB.

To me he could be our Kyle Walker. He has the pace and athleticism of Walker and he can carry the ball alright. He needs a lot of games there and to be able to get his head up to link with forward players when he gets to the final third.

It's as plain as a pikestaff to me that he's a RB. I dont see him in midfield because he isn't cute enough on the ball, and he isn't (as said) a CB because he's poor positionally.
Don’t think he’s got the quality on the ball for a full back tbh

Don’t think he’s got the quality on the ball for a full back tbh
To be fair, all of his best performances for us have been at fullback. For me, at this moment in time, his competition is for left Full back with Digne, who didn't have his best game. I don't see any reason why him and Holgate can't be used as fullbacks in games against teams we are going to struggle against. Keane and Mina should be 1st choice pairing at centre back.

To be fair, all of his best performances for us have been at fullback. For me, at this moment in time, his competition is for left Full back with Digne, who didn't have his best game. I don't see any reason why him and Holgate can't be used as fullbacks in games against teams we are going to struggle against. Keane and Mina should be 1st choice pairing at centre back.
He was brilliant at left back but he also offered absolutely nothing going forward. He’ll do a job defensively as a fullback but a big part of modern football is attacking threat from your full backs which we’d miss out on.

I’d have Mina and Godfrey as the cb pairing, think they suit each other well. Just keep well away from the 3 cbs nonsense

Difficult game for him last night, think playing in a back 3 and obviously not being up to speed didn't make for a great combo.

Still the first CB on the teamsheet for me when he's fully fit though.
Think he needs to start against Villa. Their strikers do their best work on the floor.

He was brilliant at left back but he also offered absolutely nothing going forward. He’ll do a job defensively as a fullback but a big part of modern football is attacking threat from your full backs which we’d miss out on.

I’d have Mina and Godfrey as the cb pairing, think they suit each other well. Just keep well away from the 3 cbs nonsense
Yeah the first paragraph is spot on. I know we went on a run with him at LB results wise but we weren't exactly lighting it up. A lot of good breaks in the period.

At LB. He was woeful at RB.

Status
Not open for further replies.