2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we won comfortably in the end but Rafael got it wrong big time. 5 at the back has been tried by both his predecessors and they got limited success. However to play 5 at the back with Mina and Keane together was just asking for trouble. Luckily Burnley are poor and didn't take advantage of the fact we basically let them run the game for an hour.

I didn't want him but now he's here he has my support however although it ended well more decisions like that and I will be questioning again.

His next problem is Richarlison as both Gray and Townsend deserve to start. At the minute DCL is injured and Rondon is getting up to speed but if he continues to play as he is he will be benched if we play 4-3-3 when DCL is fit again. He needs to get him concentrating on doing his job not rolling around the floor.

I think Keanes goal may cloud some opinion but hopefully he reverts to a back 4 with Mina and Godfrey. Next decision does he go 4-4-2 and put Rondon up top with Richarlison or does he go 4-3-3 and bring Gomes in.

If he gets these decisions correct he will win over more and more of the fan base. As I said I didn't want but I'm willing to back.
This season
Gray > townsend > richarlison in terms of effectiveness
Should be chosen in that order until form dictates otherwise… which will happen

This season
Gray > townsend > richarlison in terms of effectiveness
Should be chosen in that order until form dictates otherwise… which will happen

I put Townsend slightly ahead because he's left footed and gives greater balance. However Gray probably has been more effective. Richarlison will play the next couple because of injury but Rafael needs to lay it on the line to him.

We were terrible in the first half and us playing deep against a pub team like Burnley was a sight to behold, Burnley actually passed the ball around!!! for the whole of that first half you wouldn't have thought we were the home team we were that negative.

Second half we started better but Burnley were still a threat, those 3 goals in 7 minutes took the wind out them and we went on to win comfortably, could have ended up 5 or 6.

Gray is looking like a player, as is Townsend. Nice to see Godfrey back and Mina and Kean were solid all game.

The only worry I still have is that a piss poor first half like last night (and Southampton) against the better teams we won't get off so lightly.

So you think "Expert Management" is setting your side up badly to give yourself more opportunity to change it in the last half hour?
Why not set up correctly from the start, get your goals early and then close the game down from a position of strengh?

Crackers!
You mean like last season when Carlo would set us up then have no idea how to change it.
As last seasons league table showed, its were you finish.

So you think "Expert Management" is setting your side up badly to give yourself more opportunity to change it in the last half hour?
Why not set up correctly from the start, get your goals early and then close the game down from a position of strengh?

Crackers!
I don’t think he’s a good manager, probably an average/poor one really - but the happy clappers have us winning the league and CL on the back of possibly the easiest 4 game start we have had in recent memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.