Match Thread Everton v Burnley - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The squad is really light and now DCL is out for at least a month. Hopefully Rondon will take his chance. Gbamin was on the bench, yet the media said he is out for another 6 weeks with an injury in training as well as his shoulder.

Delighted with the win, but what pleased me more was the reaction of benetiz in his interview it’s only the start, lots more to come from this team, we need to improve more. Found it telling that Townsend said Benetiz didn’t mention his goal at the end of the game, but was on about his lack of positioning. It’s the attention to detail, that separates him from others managers. I still can’t warm to the man personally, but no one can deny he’s a top manager.

Thought we pretty much had all the second half, their goal came out of nowhere really after we’d been on top.

Knew they’d tire, first half they pressed like crazy and they’ve burnt out pretty much every game after 70 minutes so far, sprinted around non stop all the first half. Bizarre formation to start with, but the response to going behind has been good, sort of games we lost last season and I’m enjoying how arsed the team looks so far, refreshing attitude across. Great to see new signings really buying into the club, hope it continues

Status
Not open for further replies.