2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
At the start of last season…everyone praised carlo for his in-game changes, and how good we played.

how can our fans have such short memories ffs.

its 4 games ffs, and we have played nobody yet.
Carlo came back to win only 2 matches in his entire Everton career

Benitez has already done that in his first 5 games

If we beat villa next week people will still say it’s only villa

Let's hope he also sees improvement in his own performance as regards the formation played. I really don't want to see us play 3/5 at the back again this season.
I don’t like five at the back, but he did change it. I think he set us up for a physical battle and hoped to use the wings. It didn’t work, it never does with us, but we stayed in the game.

This felt like one of those games were no matter what formation we started with we would have been changing early in the second-half to see if we could do something different. If we had started 433 we probably would have ended up 442 or 451.

The really important thing against the team like Burnley is to be willing to make changes and try something different. It was changing the system at that time in the game gave us the momentum to go on and win it.

Said at the time in the match day thread it was like a rope-a-dope. Benitez let Dyche think he was on top but once the thugs had tired we just glided through the gears and put them to bed and if anything it should have been more emphatic. Dyche looking every inch the footballing dinosaur he is on the side with no answer.

Lads....

giphy.gif

It’s something we really didn’t do well enough with last season.

If we just beat more of the teams in front of us when it mattered, we could’ve easily got top 4 - sounds basic but the amount of games we bottled against poor sides was something else.
By contrast Carlo also had a very good record against the top teams. I think if you did a mini league of us and the "big 6" and Leicester last season, we came top or petty close to it.

Said at the time in the match day thread it was like a rope-a-dope. Benitez let Dyche think he was on top but once the thugs had tired we just glided through the gears and put them to bed and if anything it should have been more emphatic. Dyche looking every inch the footballing dinosaur he is on the side with no answer.
This was my feeling. Let them do the worst, then make the changes and blow them apart. I always felt if we change the system we would blow them over, they had to wear themselves out first.

At the start of last season…everyone praised carlo for his in-game changes, and how good we played.

how can our fans have such short memories ffs.

its 4 games ffs, and we have played nobody yet.
Last season Burnley took 4 points off us and schooled us at GP 6 months ago to the day

We drew at Brighton in April in one of our worst games of the run in, we beat them comfortably 2 weeks ago there

Southampton should have taken a deserved point from us in March, we beat them comfortably on the opening day after a wobble

Status
Not open for further replies.