Match Thread Everton v Burnley - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The game was containment first half. Always felt we would change shape second half and get more control.

I was glad their goal came early and gave us time to respond. Always feel we have the ability to score now.

…so, it’s past midnight and I’m in Cyprus. I left the all-inclusive enclave with Mrs Eggs & found an Irish bar up the road, They put a screen on of the match where there wasn’t a screen, there were loads of Evertonians.

For anyone who thinks we are a ‘small club’, we are a big club. A bar in Cyprus erupted when we scored.

Townsend the two pivotal moments in the game, MoM.

That ridiculous 3CB system needed changing from minute 1. At Home, against Burnley, boggles the mind. The fact it took conceding for RB to get Gomes ready is annoying af. Why change it in the first place? we'd been playing well last few. How we played after the change speaks for itself and I hope we never see that system again and I dont care if its against City or Liverpool. Anyway rant over! 3 points in the end and top4 :)

you thought those goals were from 'workhouse' players? wow, I thought they were terrific.
I don't think it's unfair on them to say thats the type of players they are. It doesn't mean they can't score good goals. Townsend is known for his blammos. We've sorely missed that kind of work ethic, so long may it continue.

Status
Not open for further replies.