2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You know your footy yet you dont rate Pickford, Digne, Godfrey, Richy and Dom.

"Ok".
Digne is probably the only one I'd class as close to "elite". Richarlison has it in his locker but we don't see it enough. Godfrey is probably my favourite player but he isn't "elite" yet. DCL had a boss spell last season, he isn't "elite" at all. Pickford isn't an "elite" keeper.

"Elite" is a De Bruyne, Lewandowski, Mbappe, Oblak, Kante...... we haven't got anyone close to any of them at all mate. It's just how it is.

Digne is probably the only one I'd class as close to "elite". Richarlison has it in his locker but we don't see it enough. Godfrey is probably my favourite player but he isn't "elite" yet. DCL had a boss spell last season, he isn't "elite" at all. Pickford isn't an "elite" keeper.

"Elite" is a De Bruyne, Lewandowski, Mbappe, Oblak, Kante...... we haven't got anyone close to any of them at all mate. It's just how it is.
No, those players are world class, not elite.

All of those could play for the top 4 teams, maybe not every week, but not even KDB plays for City every week.

City have Nathan Ake and you telling me Godfrey couldnt get games for them?

City dont even have a Striker, you telling me Dom couldnt get games for them?

And so on, but its ok, we have a bad squad, Ancelotti did a great job getting 10th with such a bad group of players, lets hope Rafael can avoid a relegation scrap with Brazils number 9.

We have a squad thats filled with International footballers.

And its not Nations like Belgium or other no marks, its rammed full of Elite footballers.

But yeah, keep playing the "woe is Rafael" song.

Can not wait for all you cultists to turn on him.
Any divvy can get capped by Brazil and England these days.

Or getting a few low fee high wages to replace the current rabble when they run their contracts out.
Preferably, but I cant see us keeping Richarlison even if we wanted to.

Mix of sales of players and 'natural wastage' will free up a few spaces Benitez can fill.

No, those players are world class, not elite.

All of those could play for the top 4 teams, maybe not every week, but not even KDB plays for City every week.

City have Nathan Ake and you telling me Godfrey couldnt get games for them?

City dont even have a Striker, you telling me Dom couldnt get games for them?

And so on, but its ok, we have a bad squad, Ancelotti did a great job getting 10th with such a bad group of players, lets hope Rafael can avoid a relegation scrap with Brazils number 9.
Ic City wanted Dom they would have signed him. Where have I said we have a bad squad?

You're telling me it's packed full of elite players, I'm telling you it isn't.

I agree. James is wonderful player I have loved watching him. But it’s a team game, and unless he turns up every week and we build the team around him, he need accept that he has to play in the system the manager has instilled - which let’s face it has been pretty good so far (early day obviously - international tends to ruin stuff)

This is pretty much where I’m at with this. The team is doing really well and James has to try and fit in.

Only on an Everton fan site can you get slagged off for being optimistic
I'm optimistic, I reckon Benitez will have us challenging for Europe and I also reckon at least a semi in one of the domestic cups. There's a difference between optimism and delusion. Ancelotti ,one of the best managers on the planet finished 10th last season with this squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.