2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We finished 10th because Ancelotti couldn’t be arsed coaching the players, our worst run of form was at the end of the season when we had pretty much everyone fit. We deserved to finish 10th, we were absolute muck all season and fluked a lot of wins.
I'm optimistic for the season Mike. We have some very good players and a manager who's probably a lot better than I credit because I don't like him.

Don't understand why there's so many with low expectations this season.

When Benitez first mentioned as our manager I was God no. But he's here now and he's got them playing well.

So which is it, Carlo did a bad job or the squad wasnt good enough?

You cant have it both ways, its 1 or the other.

The irony of you saying I threw my hand in with Carlo whilst you fawn over a fat kopite is breathtaking.
You can say that the squad should have done better than 10th. Ancelotti failed with them. Benitez will underline that this season.

But if you want a tilt at Europe Benitez has to be allowed to either get cash on top of what he has or be allowed to shift big names out as the club did before the carpetbagger turned up.

I’d be amazed if the top 4 wasn’t the two mancs, RS and chelsea - in fact I’d be amazed if they don’t end up 10+ Points ahead of 5th. As much as I like the positive way we’ve started we won’t be anywhere near top 4 - fingers crossed we can get in the mix for Europa places
No I agree. Was talking about last season. Should push top 6 though

So is people saying we've got a top 4 squad (or had one last season). Even more embarrassing are the clowns still not getting behind our manager. It's absolutely pathetic. Beyond embarrassing.

Remember, plenty of that 800 million was absolutely wasted.
Why is it pathetic or embarrassing? If you think he is not good enough to be Everton manager, then that is your opinion. I think he had his time at Valencia, where he had a Midas touch and was successful at Liverpool to an extent, since then he is living off past glories. Some like him, some don't - not really that big a deal!!

You can say that the squad should have done better than 10th. Ancelotti failed with them. Benitez will underline that this season.

But if you want a tilt at Europe Benitez has to be allowed to either get cash on top of what he has or be allowed to shift big names out as the club did before the carpetbagger turned up.
We have a squad thats filled with International footballers.

And its not Nations like Belgium or other no marks, its rammed full of Elite footballers.

But yeah, keep playing the "woe is Rafael" song.

Can not wait for all you cultists to turn on him.

Basically throwing him under the bus there.
Any advice a manager gives to his players should be done privately not in front of the press like that.
Very poor man management that.

Could have very easy put it this way.
"James is part of the squad and will be treated & selected like any other player"
Last press conference - "Lad Raf gives away nothing in his pressers they are a waste of time"

This press conference -,"Lad can't believe he's he's just said that yeno, could have came out with a generic reply to protect the player"

Interesting that Benitez answered the question of funds this summer by revealing pretty much that he'd expected funds from a sale but when that one looked impossible he had to settle for the low spending.

We will defo be selling a big name either January or next summer.
Or getting a few low fee high wages to replace the current rabble when they run their contracts out.

Im not a kopite mate, so I dont support Kopites, hence I will never get behind "our" manager.

I made an effort to abstain from abusing him weekly and just doing what I know as an Everton fan and support the club.

Weirdly I can support the club and not suck the manager off and make excuses for him, some of you should try it.

For the record I dont think the squad is good enough to challenge the top 4, but I think its good enough to finish 6th, but people only know how to hate our players whilst showering the kopite in charge with praise and giving him a pass.

Weird if you ask me, but hey, it takes all sorts.

You need to drop a microphone.

Status
Not open for further replies.