2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like Rafael and James. I don’t think it’s been unfair to James for anyone that’s watched the games last year and this year. The style is different to last year. Way better intensity and the pressing is better. Last year we barely pressed and waited for them to get to our final third before trying to counter.

If James wants to get in the team, he has to show he can do it. They’ll probably give him time in a league cup game to show if he can adapt.
I agree. James is wonderful player I have loved watching him. But it’s a team game, and unless he turns up every week and we build the team around him, he need accept that he has to play in the system the manager has instilled - which let’s face it has been pretty good so far (early day obviously - international tends to ruin stuff)

Benitez's press conference comments about James

flying-kick-kick.gif

8 points off CL mate. 3 wins. We had 3rd worst injury record in the league. By far the worst of teams around us bar Liverpool. Stand by what I said.

We have a slightly better squad than last year. If we have better luck with injuries we'll push top 6.

We finished 10th because Ancelotti couldn’t be arsed coaching the players, our worst run of form was at the end of the season when we had pretty much everyone fit. We deserved to finish 10th, we were absolute muck all season and fluked a lot of wins.

I disagree. Last season this same squad would have finished top 4 with a bit better luck with injuries.
I’d be amazed if the top 4 wasn’t the two mancs, RS and chelsea - in fact I’d be amazed if they don’t end up 10+ Points ahead of 5th. As much as I like the positive way we’ve started we won’t be anywhere near top 4 - fingers crossed we can get in the mix for Europa places

Interesting that Benitez answered the question of funds this summer by revealing pretty much that he'd expected funds from a sale but when that one looked impossible he had to settle for the low spending.

We will defo be selling a big name either January or next summer.

Interesting that Benitez answered the question of funds this summer by revealing pretty much that he'd expected funds from a sale but when that one looked impossible he had to settle for the low spending.

We will defo be selling a big name either January or next summer.
Think DCL or richarlison will go in the summer which would be hard to take but it's how that money is reinvested that's key would hope it's invested in younger profile players

Think DCL or richarlison will go in the summer which would be hard to take but it's how that money is reinvested that's key would hope it's invested in younger profile players
I'm amazed Richarlison is still here.

He'll be the one out the door first.

He might even fancy selling Pickford. Just about at the height of his market pulling power I'd imagine.

The manager will be looking to get a war chest of well over £100M for next summer when he has a real go at this job.

He might even fancy selling Pickford. Just about at the height of his market pulling power I'd imagine.

The manager will be looking to get a war chest of well over £100M for next summer when he has a real go at this job.
Totally agree on Richarlison; as soon as Real Madrid started kicking Mbappe's tyres I assumed it was a matter of time.

Not so certain there is a market for Pickford, where do you see him going?

Im not sure where Pickford would go top 4 or 5 seem set on there keepers .

Status
Not open for further replies.