2021/22 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm in total agreement with you. Many of this issues with James are the Club's fault, that's not to say James hasn't made some mistakes himself but a lot of this is on missteps by Brands and the board. If he is healthy he should play and actually get to feel Goodison's roar, posters here forget he really hasn't had much interactions with the fan base so he has yet to create a connection with them. And to be passionate about a team you need some connection. So I really hope you all get to see him play and he gets to feel your passion for Everton.
I totally get he’s not a Benitez type player and I trust Benitez to do the right thing for the club and our results.
However there is no doubting James is a special player and being that he is still here then it’d be great to see him get some game time when the situation allows or for the right games, just to see his magic a few more times.

I sure hope they have such discussion, that's my concern the lack of communication Benitez has had with the Colombian players, that was something it was mentioned during one of James Twitch broadcasting when he was having a chat with Mina.

Benitez needs to be clear about his expectations for James and communicate those to him so they are in the same page and he can get the best of James.
Maybe there's a language problem

Given that we were probably going to subsidise his wages in the alleged move to Porto,
I sure hope they have such discussion, that's my concern the lack of communication Benitez has had with the Colombian players, that was something it was mentioned during one of James Twitch broadcasting when he was having a chat with Mina.

Benitez needs to be clear about his expectations for James and communicate those to him so they are in the same page and he can get the best of James.

Are you suggesting Benitez has some issue with Columbians? Surely not??

I understand he managed James at Real Madrid. Surely it’s a personal thing, although I have no idea what the issue is. Is it known?

The fact that a player with his technical ability is rightfully 4th choice in the AM roles behind Iwobi, Townsend and Gray tells you everything you need to know about his attitude. Not the clubs fault, its not Benitez' fault and its not the fault of injuries. It's all on James. If he wants to turn it round he's gonna have to show some genuine respect and gratitude to the club and its fans by working harder both on and off the pitch.

Well without his goal contributions we probably had ended in relegation - Not the case at all

The issue for me is that if he is going to stay here the next 12 months then lets make use of him, after all we are paying him like a billion dollars to sit on the bench. Our squad is thin and it would be an arrogant mistake to not make use of a player of his skills. Once again I'm not saying build the team around him or start him in every match but he made a difference last year in some games, even if you are blind or not willing to accept it.

1. His record of appearance last year was more than he had done in his previous 2 seasons and the Club knew that.

2. Acknowledging the fans would have been nice but we are dealing with a pandemic and he wanted to see his family, he was injured and given permission to leave. The club should have thought about the fans and should have said no. Once again, it is on them.

3. We are finally in agreement about something.

But you are silent on the bet ;)

I just think he’s too used to behaving like a spoiled child and getting his own way. Does too much talking on his twitch channel and clearly wanted to leave during the window. You’re putting a lot of blame on the club but even the national team chased him over the summer. To add to that, when you have Tino Asprilla saying you’re in the last chance saloon then there’s a chance you’ve got problems.

True star quality is unfortunately rare these days.

Has he even been available yet? I thought he was sidelined due to isolation. People need to wait before criticizing his lack of commitment this season and even Benitez's reticence to play him when he hasn't been in contention. People just like to get frothed up and indignant. Also he might be physically limited but is one of the most exquisite play makers in the game and thata not hyperbole either.

Status
Not open for further replies.