Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Given how awful this squad is, James could be the difference maker for us until we get to January.

My guess is that the squad is so thin, even Benitez will have to use him. James will want to get back into the Colombia side and earn a move etc.

If both team and player do well, we could then remain in touching distance with the 9 or 10 teams who ate better than us, and use this to add in January for once. Plus, if he does well, someone may take him in January for a small fee/loan which would allow us to bring someone else in.

Like it or not James will have to be key if we are going to do anything - even if we use him off the bench.
Not necessarily he may terminate his contract just as William has. We don’t have to do anything with him, it’s Benitez call.

We've needed a right-back for three years. We're relying on a soon-to-be 33-year-old Coleman. With wingers in front, maybe not so much an issue, but the position should have been filled.

It was a priority position ahead of the window and they've failed to fill it. Again.
You are right but we really need one the level of Digne on the left, they don’t come cheap. I forgot we do still have Kenny so perhaps Benitez is happy with Coleman and Kenny as a better one wasn’t available, who knows.

You are right but we really need one the level of Digne on the left, they don’t come cheap. I forgot we do still have Kenny so perhaps Benitez is happy with Coleman and Kenny as a better one wasn’t available, who knows.
Happy may be a strong word. However, he may accept going with Coleman and Kenny this season to avoid a last minute mistake.

So our transfer window equates to:

Ins:
Andros Townsend. Free. Crystal Palace. Age 30
Asmir Begovic. Free. Bournemouth. Age 34
Demarai Gray. £1.7m. Bayer Leverkusen. Age 25
Andy Lonergan. Free. WBA. Age 37
Salomon Rondon. Free. Dalian Professional. Age 31

Outs:
Ellis Simms. Loan. Blackpool. Age 20
Lewis Gibson. Loan. Sheffield Wednesday. Age 21
Nathangelo Markel. Free. PSV Eindhoven. Age 22
Josh Bowler. Free. Blackpool. Age 22
Callum Connolly. Free. Blackpool. Age 23
Dennis Adeniran. Free. Sheffield Wednesday. Age 22
Matthew Pennington. Free. Shrewsbury. Age 26
Mo Besic. Released. Age 28
Theo Walcott. Free. Southampton. Age 32
Joshua King. Free. Watford. Age 29
Yannick Bolasie. Free. Çaykur Rizespor. Age 32
Bernard. £900k. Sharjah FC. Age 28
Beni Baningime. Free. Hearts. Age 22
Nathan Broadhead. Loan. Sunderland. Age 23
João Virginia. Loan. Sporting Lisbon. Age 21
Moise Kean. Loan. Juventus. Age 21
Niels Nkounkou. Loan. Standard Liege. Age 20.

We are left with only Digne at LB and Coleman and Kenny at RB. The average age of our signings is 32. Fair dues to @Noisy noise annoys for fronting this out but this has been a horror show of a window. Moshiri will sink this club.

Not necessarily he may terminate his contract just as William has. We don’t have to do anything with him, it’s Benitez call.
That would be monumentally stupid to release the one bit of genuine quality from the team. We've got more pace and power, which a good thing, we are getting the ball forward quicker, but if we don't sign players who have top level quality to go with those other attributes (something Diaz would have done unfortunately) we need to use the quality we have.

There will be games where we can't unpick defences, which James can do with ease - particularly now he will have a couple more runners. There will also be games, particularly against good teams where we need a player who can find pockets of space and keep the ball effectively- something he can do. We will also have games that we will need to see out with a bit of intelligence - something he can do. Also, it has been noticeable that delivery from set pieces has been poor - another thing James is great at.

For me one of the biggest positives to take from a disastrous window is that he is still here. I wouldn't have minded him going if it facilitated better quality that suited the way the manager wanted to play - such as signing Diaz, as opposed to players like McNeil. But it didn't happen. We should use him and I hope Benitez does - he would be a fool not to and the club would be beyond pathetic to cancel his contract. We need all hands to the pump with this awful squad - particularly in the Xmas period!

Kean Fee?
Nkounkou loan fee?
Vlasic sell-on fee?
Thierry Small compensation?
Just meant the Kean fee mate, will start kicking in in 2023.

So today we've got (but it's not like it all comes in at once) - 3m euros for Kean (or 4m and 3m next season), 10-15% of the Vlasic deal, a very nominal fee for Nkounkou, and then Small compo to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.