Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well he was training pre-Brighton.

So get him back incorporated into the squad and use him like any other member of the team.

Delph doesn't fit the system, but he played the other day. Neither does Gomes, but he's come on and done alright.

There is absolutely no reason at all to waste James Rodriguez. And I actually don't think Benitez would do it. And an angry Goodison shouldn't let him, either.
Goodison won't be angry if we are getting results without him, and neither will I. There's a place for James surely but can't build the team around him. He won't like the new physicality of the league and he won't put in a much needed defensive shift in a counter attacking side. I'd like him against a low block team to try and pick them apart but then he's a very expensive now and again option.

You look at our board. How many genuinely have the skills to run a football club? Baxendale soup was brought in for what, kenwrong in so we can get sponsorship from huggies. Who knows what goes on in the boardroom
In my mind it's very similar to Wolf of Wall Street. Marcel is Jordan Bellfort, of course

It's not just the manager though. To get the best from him we have to overhaul the whole team. For example I think Richarlison is a wholly incompatible player with James. So really if we were going to make James the centerpiece of the team, and for me that is the only way it can work because of his limitations out of possession, we needed to sell Richarlison. That might be slightly extreme but it kind of goes for a lot of our players. Doucoure isn't a good player to have with him. Neither is Allan. Neither is Seamus. He's a technical player, a quick ball mover, it doesn't work if he's not got some of those types to combine with.

I think you're right, it does show the problem but for me it shows the problem of not having a clear idea of how the pieces fit when you sign them. We sign the players and hope the manager can figure it out. Sometimes the puzzle pieces simply won't fit.

Very well put.
James is a wonderful talent, I'm sure he's a good man and a committed professional.

But he should no way be the centre piece of our team. The key will be getting him to contribute in a manner which befits his current role of substitute.

Sorry mate, I honestly don’t agree with any of your first paragraph, we will have to agree to differ. I respect your opinion, even if I don’t agree! ;)

I agree to a degree, it’s not that we haven’t had a plan, I think we’ve had to many plans and too many reboots, but I do think a good manger should, can harmonise and find balance with available players, I think it’s a management skill.

If I’m honest if Jamo was here in the morning, and I was Moshiri I’d be sitting down with the manager in the morning and saying, you have to get the best out of this quality player, that’s your job. I’d be doing other things as well, but I wouldn’t be having a 200k a week quality player doing nothing but tweeting for 12 months, when that quality could clearly contribute.

Agree to differ we’re missing all the Jarg tweets and Rondonnews! lol
We've never had a top to bottom plan. Managers have obviously had them but the recruitment never matched up. And that's not even 100%. Silva I think had a plan but Koeman was buying players to figure it out later. The DOF is supposed to line all that up but it has never happened. And that's why right now I kind of like that we're playing as an athletic direct team because we have athletic direct players and we signed more. It might go poorly from here and we'll need a James shaped life vest!

We’re skint because of FFP and will be for a while. It’s just so frustrating to see Chelsea, United and City spend what they want. Saying that, fans are pathetic wanting more and more all the time. We splurged on [Poor language removed] and the fans lapped it up, this is what happens when you spend on tosh with no agenda or plan.

Vinnie O’Connor says that Rondon is the only deal we’ll make tonight. What a [Poor language removed] window, squad in a worse position now than what it was at the start.

Another example of Brands putting all his eggs in one basket, happened with Diaz, AMN and has happened before with Zouma. Him & Steinsson are so poor.
He said possibly the only signing. He basically didn’t know but had an educated guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.