2021/22 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
if we’re stuck with him, where is he going to fit in the side? Can’t see him slotting into this Benitez team, he just doesn’t work hard enough.

Different games, different moments in games. The season is very, very long.

Look at our bench yesterday. 8 players, 2 of them GKs. And that's just the third league game ffs

If James stays, there is no way on this earth we shouldn't be getting him back into the squad.

Obviously, a big part of that is on him too. He has to work and train hard and prove he wants to play.

It's all academic if he leaves, which is probably the case, but if he stays, then we can absolutely use him.

It’s proper weird that we have so many people who are in the know.

All I’m saying is Kean made it very, very clear that he wanted out, yet still made two appearances this season.

Yet James is still asking who we’re playing. The player is sensationally talented, and I’ll have the memories he’s gave us, but let’s be realistic, the odds are stacked against him actually wanting to.

Hope if he stays he contributes ahd doesn’t sit on his high wages.

He asked who we were playing 10 days ago and answered his own question 30 seconds later.

He's been in isolation.

I got told today it was his decision not to play against Brighton, but I know that information came from someone who has a tiny bit of an in with the club and frankly I don't buy one bit that we'd have risked taking James - who can get injured by the wind - down to play a Premier League game while we're trying to use him in our biggest deal of the summer. So I imagine it's very much a bit of both. James won't want to risk injury and neither will we. We've done it before with players and if Kean hadn't got sent off the other day there'd have been no chance he'd have been in the squad on Saturday anyway.

All we can do with James is wait and see what happens. It's probably best for all parties if he goes but if he doesn't go then he's part of the squad and should absolutely be used because frankly he happens to be the best player in it. However, it shouldn't come at the expense of the system or structure or way of playing. He should just be used as what he is - a luxury, but a luxury that not many teams have.

Brands' complete inability to get players off the books is genuinely maddening.
What's maddening for me is peoples inability to comprehend it's nigh on impossible to get players off the books if nobody wants them.

Which would be genuinely baffling.

if he stays, he would have to be used, or you've got probably the best player technically to play for the club in the Premier League era, sitting on his a*** earning £200k a week.

If he stays, we use him, in whatever capacity.
You're kind of arguing against yourself there.

200k a week, sitting around. Even under his footballing dad he missed far too much football with various 'slight strains, knocks and fatigue.'

He stays and I'd wager he'd start less than 5 games between now and seasons end. He'd generally be an unused sub.

I have no problem at all subsidising his wages. I found it laughable earlier in this thread people were suggesting we'd get a fee for him!

Wonderful player, but Madrid gave him away for free because he's a burden not worth having around.

I get that he's a bit of a luxury player, on high wages and injury prone but he's still a quality player who was involved in loads of our goals last year.
Break them down.

Consistently involved in goals early on.

Dropped off dramatically once teams figured out Stop James = Stop Everton.

Yes he chipped in sporadically after that (because he's ace) but he's a REALLY poor return on wages.

As good as he is on his day (and when he can tear himself away from his PC and isn’t too fatigued etc), his malingering has essentially caught up with him. No club in world football is prepared to pay what he thinks he is worth in his head because he is just completely unreliable. Even his national team are onto him.

What's maddening for me is peoples inability to comprehend it's nigh on impossible to get players off the books if nobody wants them.

You're kind of arguing against yourself there.

200k a week, sitting around. Even under his footballing dad he missed far too much football with various 'slight strains, knocks and fatigue.'

He stays and I'd wager he'd start less than 5 games between now and seasons end. He'd generally be an unused sub.

I have no problem at all subsidising his wages. I found it laughable earlier in this thread people were suggesting we'd get a fee for him!

Wonderful player, but Madrid gave him away for free because he's a burden not worth having around.
He’s not on £200k a week

I think style of play, would be a reason for him not being in the plans. We are trying to play a fast pace. Obviously wages will be a factor.

He’s not on £200k a week
So what's the absolute minimum he's on? And why do you think it's more accurate?

My 200k comes from when it was initially reported he was coming it was mentioned in Spain it was a 20m deal.

It then comes out he was actually a free signing.

20m ÷ 104 (contract length) is 192k a week.

Even if it was Euros, that's 165k a week, our biggest earner by almost 40%, for a player who's available for 60% of the time.

Add in the fact it's been recently reported in several news outlets it's 200k I'm leaning closer to that than some of the lunatics who reckon he's on 90k.

Get rid. (though I'll be amazed if we manage to)

Status
Not open for further replies.