Match Thread Leeds Utd v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought that was an excellent performance. We had the better chances (FFS Dom when are you gonna learn) and Raphinha was their only threat.

Really impressed with how Benitez has got us playing so far. There's so much more intent going forwards and he's got Allan and Doucoure playing much better than they did last season.

Disappointed to only get 1pt in the end.

Well played, outplayed them and should be 2-0 except the ref allowing a handball goal, best you can ask for to start the season. Need to keep it going next week and take advantage of the early part of the season.

Great game of footie and fair result. Just over a week ago we were pretty desolate but four points since then hint it may not be as bad as we feared. Main thing was Everton showing some character, Benitez seems to have the players playing for him early doors.

Keane is out of form so we will probably see Godfrey brought in, Mina is a rascal, a raconteur and beautiful shithouse. Thought Doucoure was excellent as the second half went on controlling the middle of the park, Allan battled all through the 90 well and Calvert Lewin and Richarlison were good. Demsy G looks a steal though, he’s liquid bugle on the pitch.

….very encouraged by that. Leeds away is a difficult challenge at the best of times but today was particularly tough.

Pity about their first goal but I thought we held them ok, Pickford had a lot less to do than their keeper. Mostly delighted that we carried threat & on another day one of those DCL chances goes in.

Thought the two DMs did well (bar one poor misplaced pass from Doucoure) and everybody else put in a shift. Going for Gray as MoM as he looked the most likely creative source & chipped in with a very valuable goal, just a shame it wasn’t the winner.

Always happy to draw a tough away game. Think we were the better team and I must say I’m actually enjoying watching us play; pace, purpose and plenty of shots. DCL should’ve won it for us and Keane needs punting off a bridge. Everyone else played well I thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.