2021/22 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's gonna be tough for some "Evertonians" this season ....... It will be like supporting 2 teams in one league - Everton and Chelsea when Lukaku is playing.

I guess the ideal scenario for those "fans" is that Everton win and DCL doesn't score - and he misses absolute sitters and Lukaku just plunders them in for Chelsea.

That then strangely allows them to take glory in that Lukaku once played for little old Everton - the icing on the cake would be if he he just mentions Everton in a glowing reference before he plays us so they can do the "come home Ron" nonsense.
You alright mate?

You alright mate?
No I'm not ok ..... I get really really upset at people being mean to Dom and wanting Lukaku to do well even if he doesn't play for us any more ..... It's really got me down, the other day someone sent me a picture of a photoshopped image of DCL dressed up as Liz Taylor with a handbag and everything...... It's not fair ......

I still cant help but think that a late late deal for Kane will go through and Tottenham will come in for Dom.. Id hope he'd say no and we would tell Spurs where to go..

But i doubt it.

I still cant help but think that a late late deal for Kane will go through and Tottenham will come in for Dom.. Id hope he'd say no and we would tell Spurs where to go..

But i doubt it.
He'd be off like a shot I think. The money would be circa £60m and that would be a ridiculous amount IMO. Levy would try and get him for half that though.

Want to throw my creative cap into the chant ring

To the tune of when Johnny Comes Marching Home

He plays in blue and leads the line,
Dominic Dominic
He plays in blue and leads the line,
Dominic Dominic
He plays in blue and leads the line, scoring all the ****ing time
D C LLLLLL Evertons number 9

Screenshot_20210819-194350.jpg

DCL has only had one more season for us than Lukaku had.
He's never going to wow the fans, but he deserves a bit more credit than he gets.

16 PL goals in his only season as a starter isn't bad going, and as much as people love to go on about Lukaku as though he's on the level of an Henry, Kane or Shearer (ie the best strikers the league has seen), outside of Koeman's first season, that's pretty much the region he operates in, too.

Maybe DCL should follow his lead and do two years in a second-tier league to boost his numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.