Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
A prem side doesn’t have to sell a player if they don’t want to though.
Well superficially that's true. But we all know what chaos an unsettled player can cause.

I just think the positives of having your squad in place before the season starts outweighs the negatives. I appreciate I’m in the minority.
I agree with this 100%. What should happen is that the transfer deadline should be on the eve of the first match in whichever of UEFA's major leagues kicks off first.

The European clubs can't raid PL clubs. They can't compete financially, hence the crass attempt to form the breakaway super league.
Eh? Of course European clubs can raid PL clubs. I'm not talking about just the Super League clubs, either.

I still think that would be a very dangerous game him and Moshiri, would be playing. Our fans won’t accept being 10th with him
In charge. And Moshiri will be looking for a new manager next summer
Moshiri has lots of previous. Doubt he's thinking beyond what he can sell a new stadium for. We finished tenth yet Saturday was a sell out.

So what are we thinking? Are we expecting more additions before the end of the window, be they loans, cheap deals or for big money?

I had been confident we'd get more in, but the way the Everton social media team has gone to town on Gray and Townsend (and continues to do so) is making me doubt that now. Every video/article is designed to make us think they are amazing - the club don't normally go this overboard on new signings. It makes me think that the club are well aware these could be the only lads through the door now, so are trying to overstate their qualities.

So what are we thinking? Are we expecting more additions before the end of the window, be they loans, cheap deals or for big money?

I had been confident we'd get more in, but the way the Everton social media team has gone to town on Gray and Townsend (and continues to do so) is making me doubt that now. Every video/article is designed to make us think they are amazing - the club don't normally go this overboard on new signings. It makes me think that the club are well aware these could be the only lads through the door now, so are trying to overstate their qualities.
Reading far much into it dude. Here’s the thing the media team have to make out any player we sign is great because if they post we just signed this player and he’s utter turd they’d be sacked.

we will sell players and once we do we will bring players in.

Reading far much into it dude. Here’s the thing the media team have to make out any player we sign is great because if they post we just signed this player and he’s utter turd they’d be sacked.

we will sell players and once we do we will bring players in.
Oh yeah, I know the media team do that. But they have definitely done a lot more for Townsend and Gray than is normal.

A prem side doesn’t have to sell a player if they don’t want to though.

I just think the positives of having your squad in place before the season starts outweighs the negatives. I appreciate I’m in the minority.
We had a problem with Kean last season, a player who didn't want to be here. He went after our window closed and we weren't able to replace him. It wasn't ideal.

Oh yeah, I know the media team do that. But they have definitely done a lot more for Townsend and Gray than is normal.
Not surprising though When you take into account previous seasons we’ve spent loads and signed so many players. By posting stuff of the same players over and over it keeps them busy, shows the fans we’ve actually done some activity.

fully expecting a super busy last week of the window not just for us but most teams, domino effect will happen soon enough.

Well superficially that's true. But we all know what chaos an unsettled player can cause.

I agree with this 100%. What should happen is that the transfer deadline should be on the eve of the first match in whichever of UEFA's major leagues kicks off first.

Eh? Of course European clubs can raid PL clubs. I'm not talking about just the Super League clubs, either.

Nope, european clubs cannot raid PL clubs for their best players. They can't afford them and I can't think of one example of a top PL player being bought by a european club after the British window has closed.

Who said best players? You're changing the landscape here and I'm not following you.

You said you were against closing the window early because european teams could raid PL teams? Or maybe I've missed the point?

I don't see any drawback of PL clubs being able to sell lesser players. It would only be an issue if clubs were being raided for their top players after our window closes, and there is no evidence of that happening.

Nope, european clubs cannot raid PL clubs for their best players. They can't afford them and I can't think of one example of a top PL player being bought by a european club after the British window has closed.

Hazard?

Covid has had an effect, probably more so in europe than england, but they´ll be back next summer.

It's a very odd position that people are criticising Brands for poor scouting and not looking outside the Prem for signings because "he was brought in to find hidden gems before they become established" whilst at the same time criticising Brands for signing relatively unknown players for low transfer fees and wages. lol
Our three this window are hardly unknowns.

surely we should get more additions, because i think there will be some departures. I imagine someone will pick up Kenny for a small fee. And some players will have been told they do not fit anymore or want out themselves: James, Gomes, Delph, Kean.
When they go surely a right back will come in, a back up striker and a replacement for James.
Also a lot of noises on another midfielder.
I think only 1 or 2 where we spend quite a bit of money on, like Correra and Nunes. We will try for loans and Rondon is a free.

You said you were against closing the window early because european teams could raid PL teams? Or maybe I've missed the point?

I don't see any drawback of PL clubs being able to sell lesser players. It would only be an issue if clubs were being raided for their top players after our window closes, and there is no evidence of that happening.
I don't understand why you continue to limit your thinking to top players.

Here's one name - Moise Kean. We want to sell him before the window closes so we can reinvest elsewhere. There's interest from the continent, and we need a deal to be done with enough time for us to do whatever we need to do to replace him. There's less pressure on the buying side if the European window closes a week or 2 after ours.

We'd also likely sell in that scenario if the offer was right for FFP / squad mood reasons, even without being able to replace him - which would not be optimal.

Status
Not open for further replies.