Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Better to spend limited wages and transfer on players that get us to 10th than gazillions.

In other news, the official site hasn't updated their 'What the papers say' today - a sure sign the media team are busy doing something else - it's on.

The ‘super 6’ need taking down a peg or two. They very clearly think they run European football.
The problem with an earlier closing window was the European sides could raid Premier League clubs at a time when we couldn't buy anyone to replace outgoings. I'm sure there were also transfer targets on the continent that PL clubs missed out on because the continental clubs were willing to go to the wire of their own transfer deadline.

Gregg O’keeffe said that in a pod yesterday. Though according to reports we wanted to loan Dumfries. So where was that loan fee coming from and also we apparently have money for young players.

If the worst case happens and we can’t shift the player for money, that we want to. And can only get a few loans out the door. I still think Moshiri will do something late in the window. He can’t leave Rafael with this squad for the season
I've a feeling he got the job because he said he could go with a few cheap additions.

The problem with an earlier closing window was the European sides could raid Premier League clubs at a time when we couldn't buy anyone to replace outgoings. I'm sure there were also transfer targets on the continent that PL clubs missed out on because the continental clubs were willing to go to the wire of their own transfer deadline.

The European clubs can't raid PL clubs. They can't compete financially, hence the crass attempt to form the breakaway super league.

The window should be closed the week before the season starts.

A prem side doesn’t have to sell a player if they don’t want to though.

I just think the positives of having your squad in place before the season starts outweighs the negatives. I appreciate I’m in the minority.

We will almost certainly get a couple of decent layers in also, just judging by the positive links to various players. As many have said, going to be a busy 2 weeks
Think the club's finances which have been gone over with a fine tooth comb on the forum don't point to that. It will depend on us shifting players who won't want to move.

Are people actually complaining that we have no money to spend? I'm buzzing. We got two players for free practically and just walked into the starting 11 and improved it.

A throwback to the Moyes days when we were highly respected in the transfer market.
It's a very odd position that people are criticising Brands for poor scouting and not looking outside the Prem for signings because "he was brought in to find hidden gems before they become established" whilst at the same time criticising Brands for signing relatively unknown players for low transfer fees and wages. lol

I've a feeling he got the job because he said he could go with a few cheap additions.
I still think that would be a very dangerous game him and Moshiri, would be playing. Our fans won’t accept being 10th with him
In charge. And Moshiri will be looking for a new manager next summer

A prem side doesn’t have to sell a player if they don’t want to though.

I just think the positives of having your squad in place before the season starts outweighs the negatives. I appreciate I’m in the minority.
It is harder on the smaller PL clubs and those recently promoted. They can lose players and not be able to replace them.
Equally they are looking to buy lower value players.
The situation was worse when Chinese clubs were making big offers after the window closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.