Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand why you continue to limit your thinking to top players.

Here's one name - Moise Kean. We want to sell him before the window closes so we can reinvest elsewhere. There's interest from the continent, and we need a deal to be done with enough time for us to do whatever we need to do to replace him. There's less pressure on the buying side if the European window closes a week or 2 after ours.

We'd also likely sell in that scenario if the offer was right for FFP / squad mood reasons, even without being able to replace him - which would not be optimal.

Don't really think it would cause much issue for us. We just would have to do our business earlier and make it clear we sell before a certain date or he stays. It would force us to be much more proactive and that is a very good thing. We are very slow, disorganised and reactive and the later window will just encourage that even more. I only see positives of the window closing before week 1.

Hazard?

Covid has had an effect, probably more so in europe than england, but they´ll be back next summer.

He was signed for Real in June so a very early signing. I was thinking on players who were bought after our window was closed and the team couldn't reinvest. That one was a strange one too in that sense, with the transfer ban for Chelsea.

Reading far much into it dude. Here’s the thing the media team have to make out any player we sign is great because if they post we just signed this player and he’s utter turd they’d be sacked.

we will sell players and once we do we will bring players in.
Soon?

Soonish?

Less than two weeks left...:coffee:

He was signed for Real in June so a very early signing. I was thinking on players who were bought after our window was closed and the team couldn't reinvest. That one was a strange one too in that sense, with the transfer ban for Chelsea.
Sorry, I jumped into the conversation half way through

Moshiri has lots of previous. Doubt he's thinking beyond what he can sell a new stadium for. We finished tenth yet Saturday was a sell out.
The fans haven’t been allowed in fit 18minths it would have been a full house if big Sam was back in charge and sammy Lee and Phil Thompson his assistants.

The fans have got managers out in the past and will again if we have a poor season

Don't really think it would cause much issue for us. We just would have to do our business earlier and make it clear we sell before a certain date or he stays. It would force us to be much more proactive and that is a very good thing. We are very slow, disorganised and reactive and the later window will just encourage that even more. I only see positives of the window closing before week 1.
You're conflating 2 things there: the transfer window closing before the season starts - which I'm in favour of - and the transfer window closing earlier than the other major European leagues - which I'm not in favour of.

In fact, the Premier League want the solution I want: for all European transfers to be completed before any leagues kick off - but there wasn't cooperation from the other national leagues.

So the Premier League clubs voted to move the deadline back because they felt disadvantaged by closing before the other major leagues.

You're conflating 2 things there: the transfer window closing before the season starts - which I'm in favour of - and the transfer window closing earlier than the other major European leagues - which I'm not in favour of.

In fact, the Premier League want the solution I want: for all European transfers to be completed before any leagues kick off - but there wasn't cooperation from the other national leagues.

So the Premier League clubs voted to move the deadline back because they felt disadvantaged by closing before the other major leagues.

This is what it should be in an ideal world, but the PL can only decide it's own timings. I still think it's preferable to have it close early regardless of what other leagues want to do. Everything is left to the wire no matter when that deadline is. Even if the windows abroad stay open, PL clubs would get their business, bar loans out, done before the start of the season.

This is what it should be in an ideal world, but the PL can only decide it's own timings. I still think it's preferable to have it close early regardless of what other leagues want to do. Everything is left to the wire no matter when that deadline is. Even if the windows abroad stay open, PL clubs would get their business, bar loans out, done before the start of the season.
Okay, and you're entitled to that opinion. The Premier League clubs voted to reverse that, so they don't agree.

The fans haven’t been allowed in fit 18minths it would have been a full house if big Sam was back in charge and sammy Lee and Phil Thompson his assistants.

The fans have got managers out in the past and will again if we have a poor season
Please tell me when that last happened. I can remember the poor attendances and the black edged cards for Kendall,but luckily that didn't work. When Silva and old cheese head were booted there were still full houses.

Please tell me when that last happened. I can remember the poor attendances and the black edged cards for Kendall,but luckily that didn't work. When Silva and old cheese head were booted there were still full houses.
I said nothing about falling attendances, because they want a manger out, and I can’t prove it one way or another, but a toxic atmosphere, banners, booing. The board will take notice.

Also it’s a different world now, from 40yrears ago or even in the early 90’s the ground wasn’t full all the time. We’d have a full house every week in the championship now

It's a very odd position that people are criticising Brands for poor scouting and not looking outside the Prem for signings because "he was brought in to find hidden gems before they become established" whilst at the same time criticising Brands for signing relatively unknown players for low transfer fees and wages. lol
It's not the same people doing that though, is it? Some people on here are obsessed with premier league experience and others are obsessed with unknown intercontinental teenagers. They both agree that Brands is mince, they just disagree on the reasons why.

I don't understand why the PL doesn't just shift the start of the season to the first weekend in September and finish at the end of May/start of June? Then you can leave the transfer window where it is and have squads settled by the start of the season.

You make that sound like it's easy Tim. I think this is the very issue Everton and clubs like us have to deal with - we absolutely cannot control the flows of the transfer window. The only time we have ever been able to do that is when we have had desirable assets to sell, such as Lukaku.

It seems certain that our Board and manager will have a plan of who they would really like to stay and go and bring in. Executing that plan is nothing to do with our choices, and everything to do with financial rules imposed on us and brinksmanship from other clubs and agents, who recognise the impact of the rules on us and so will stall to the very end of the window to exercise maximum leverage on any of our unwanted players.

That is how the window has always worked - I really don't understand how people expect us to somehow change that without us having another superstar to sell or the rules changing back to allowing an 'Abramovich'.

Status
Not open for further replies.